David Silva

The day he leaves our club I'll break down into tears. I hope its a long way off yet, lets hope Real don't become interested.

Juat another example of why we are so much better without herman - David Silva never used to be able to get so much of the ball and dictate play and play one-twos with the forwards when that greedy bastard was dominating possession

LoveCity said:
The day he leaves our club I'll break down into tears. I hope its a long way off yet, lets hope Real don't become interested.
when that day comes ....Denis will be taking over our hearts <3

BringBackSwales said:
Juat another example of why we are so much better without herman - David Silva never used to be able to get so much of the ball and dictate play and play one-twos with the forwards when that greedy bastard was dominating possession
This is so so true

What Goal.com said:

The City fans worship the grass the Spaniard floats on and he produced a fine exhibition of his talents. Seemed to be two steps ahead of everyone else on the pitch as he drifted into space and picked out team-mates with incisive passes, not least his incredible pass for the sixth goal. Deserved his goal - City's fifth - which he slotted home in injury time.

Particularly love that line.

I wouldn't worry to much about what agencies are saying about interest in Silva. It was bound to happen, but it's not as easy as Barca and Real being interested in the Wizard.

City have a player in David that is irreplacable, we cant just sell Silva and get gold. It doesn't work like that. Who do you replace him with? While Nasri and Aguero are very good players, have they got the skills that Silva has, possibly yes, regulary no.

This is where City have to look at the situation if they have to look at it. We all saw what happened to AC Milan when they lost Kaka, maybe apart from this season, they haven't really looked the same since.

So if the "Big Guns" do come knocking, they are going to have to cough up some major dough. Kaka moved to Real Madrid for £66m. At that time, the Brazilian was playing in what was rated the 3rd best league in the world. We can probably add more to Silva's value as he is playing in what is rated as the best league in the world by ranking's. So lets add £5m for each place, that takes us to £76m.

Who do we replace Silva with? There are very few players in the world with the talent that Silva has. Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, and there are young players who have the potential to be special too, Lucas, Ganso, Neymar, Thiago and a player who moved from Valencia to Malaga in the summer who i rate very highly Isco.

In a realistic world, there is no way City are able to get any of the established players that are mentioned above, and buying potential can always be risky, again we are looking at adding more value because of this. Another reason to add value, and now comes the ifs and buts part of the post.

If Silva continue's his form over the season, then i dont think there is any doubt he will become the Prem's player of the year, probably get the player's player too if their is any justice. Also, i really dont see why he wouldn't get a nomination for European and World player also, and he has a realistic chance of finishing in the top 3 on both counts, but all this is dependant on form.

If this is the case, yet again his stock rise's. Another year will have passed on his contract though, unless City do the right thing and in January offer Silva an extension to the contract he is already on, if City dont, by the summer of 2012, we'd probably lose around 10% on the actual asking price.

So here is what i have roughly worked out by comparing prices.

Kaka was £66m, i've added £5m per place for the higher rating of the Prem compared to Serie A. Takes us to £76m. Due to him being irreplacable to City, again another fee is added and this fee should be around the £6m mark, taking us to £82m. The if's and but's part of the thread, maybe another £8m. Take's us to £90m, then the deduction of contract expiry, would roughly take us down to £80m.

So the asking price for the most gifted player i have ever seen in a Manchester City shirt?

£80M

I just ask one thing. Spanish Dave. Please stay at City for life, cos we think you're priceless.

Christ on a bike Yaya, don't give them any ideas. :/

-

Manchester City's Yaya Toure: It would be fantastic to see David Silva at Barcelona
The Ivorian midfielder is confident that his colleague would be a big hit at the Camp Nou outfit, who are his favourites to win the Champions League crown

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure believes that team-mate David Silva has all the ingredients to succeed at Barcelona.

The attacking midfielder left Valencia in the summer of 2010 to further his career at City and has been a key figure at the ambitious Premier League side.

Last month, the 25-year-old aired his unhappiness over his lack of opportunities in the Spain national team and claimed that things would be much different had he joined Barcelona.

Yaya Toure, who played at Camp Nou from 2007 to 2010, has no doubt that the Spaniard would succeed at the Primera Division champions.

"Silva would play at Barca easily; if they ask me about him, I would say 'yes', 100 per cent," he told RAC1.

"It would be fantastic to see him play at Barca."

City, who are on top of the Premier League table, are expected to mount a serious Champions League challenge this season, but Yaya Toure indicated that his former club are the team to beat.

"Right now, Barca have no rival and they are the big favourite to win the Champions League," he noted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.