David Silva

Manchester_City_Blue said:
David Silva on Spanish Radio tonight

“Real Madrid and Barcelona are great teams, but I want many years here. My family like me, is happy. People treat me very well”

tumblr_ltl8akcDAf1qjpgmn.gif

tumblr_ltlasc0I8S1qjpgmn.gif

je.gif

Cheers for that though, always good to hear.

don't think i've wanted to keep a player before as much as this, as soon as the rumours start im round his house crying and begging on the door step.

not sure if been mentioned but for the first goal he was genius, i reckon he knew balotelli was there and dummied it... well i'm not 100% but if he did it was brilliant.

I've been saying for a year now, if Silva had more composure in front of goal there would be nothing to choose between him and Messi, Ronaldo would be 3rd because of his explosive pace and strength in front of goal, but as for skill, vision and commitment to the club he's my no! anyway!

I will make no bones about it. David Silva is my favorite City player ever. Now, I have only been a Blue for 16 years, but we have had some talented players in that span. For me, he's simply the best ever in my years.

Straightaway last season he caught my eye. Many, many of us on here were singing his praises with regularity. In fact, I missed out on my "100th Post" payoff because it came in the summer. I wanted to be the one who got to start a weekly "I'd let DS Smash My Back Doors In" thread.

Have you noticed his stats in the EPL this season vs. last?

2010-11
Games: 35
Goals: 4
Assists: 9

2011-12
Games: 9
Goals: 3
Assists: 6

Looks like he has bedded in nicely and we will see a solid jump in his final stats, as he is on pace to score 12 goals and have 24 assists. I think most of us will find those totals just fine. Combined with his ability to dictate the flow of play, his vision and his passing skills, those numbers should be a huge asset to us.

I can't tell you all how many times I have re-watched that pass to Dzeko yesterday. I think my missus has had about enough of it off the DVR, so I have switched over to using the Official Site's match highlights in the computer room.

Also, as many have pointed out, he seems very happy here at City. He was saying last season that the weather didn't bother him and that he loved the quiet lifestyle that life in Manchester afforded him. Sometimes, players don't look elsewhere or jump at the money. Sometimes, they prefer to stay where they are. Especially with City in the ascendancy, I hope to see David in the shirt for many years.

I must say, I still think my fave David Silva highlight at City is his ENTIRE game against Wigan this year:

*The first goal: pass to Aguero, with that deft stepover to draw the defence past him preceding the lovely angled ball back to Aguero for the goal.
*The second goal: nifty backheel to Nasri in perfect stride, leaving Nasri all the pace he needed to slot a perfect through-ball to Aguero.
*The third goal: Indescribable as he cuts through three Wigan players and keeps his feet through all challenges before feeding another sublime pass to Kun for his hat trick. UNREAL, THAT!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/City-v-Wigan-60-second-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highl ... highlights</a>

If that's not enough for you, watch the Extended Highlights of the same game. There was other magic on that day that did not result in goals, but it was magic nonetheless. Here are the extended highlights:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/City-v-Wigan-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highl ... highlights</a>

CTID!

Can we not offer the lad a new contract now ? i fucking would.

Also... was just asked if i would swap with Messi, i thought hard and i really wouldn't. They can keep Messi i would not sell Silva for anyone for any price if it was up to me, polygraph me bitches.

I'm 46 and I've been saying for a while now that spanish Dave is as good as I've ever seen.

Our marketing people should set about making him the face of City, especially in Asia. If an ugly squad player like Park can turn millions of Koreans into scum fans imagine what Dave could do for us.

With his looks, talent and asian background on his mum's side he's a marketing dream.

Come on City, we can build a dynasty around this guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.