David Silva

Didsbury Dave said:
ZZmaestro said:
To be honest, i don't find it fair.
Samir Nasri is paid 150K just as him, despite the fact that he is performing far much better than him since mid February.
Would it be fair and square to overpay David 25% more than him ?
Nope, only and only if he comes back permanently to his former form displayer during May/November 2011.
Just as others say, i think the David we are looking at from last winter till now is THE David we will have for this hole new season. Some have been covering his rather sub-par performances behind a bs injury that is reported nowhere but on their deluded and blind love for him.
And by the way, Xavi Hernandez is payed 156K a week, compare what's comparable.
The day we could put David and Messi in the same sentence is not coming imo.
I find it shocking that people can have an opinion like this. Silva has looked world class for 2 years. He's an incrediblly talented player who had a bad game on Sunday. He's our most important and influential player and has been since he arrived. Without him we don't penetrate or play with the right tempo.

You misunderstood my words. Where did i claimed David not being worldclass ?
Seriously, people shoud stop hanging on some players's sack.
Although he's one of our key players among Hart/Vinnie/Yaya/Kun, Merlin's performance and form curve is absolutely going backward since last winter.
If you deny this, then you should really stop watching football cause you don't have a clue.

It seams to me that if he want's a pay raise he should and must first of all get back to the level he was last year.

sergiokun said:
Now ade has finally gone just get Silva on a 5 year deal city please
Signing up our players who do actually play for us is our most important next move IMO.

We have needed centre half cover and squad wingers since day one of the transfer window, and we've wasted months going after two players we didn't need and many didn't want (neither of which were centre halves or wingers). We ended up with neither player (I'm glad!).

We may end up addressing the winger problem by signing Sinclair but then will be creating the same problem again by selling Johnson (him being the only wide option was too short in depth at times, just having Sinclair will be just the same).

I think it's a must that we sign up de Jong and Silva this season for top deals. Then next Summer sign up Nasri and Kun for top deals too. All the while still looking at strengthening centre half cover and wingers dept.

I've managed to get a bit of clarity re the contract situation and this leaked story.

It has not come from David's agents. Ladyman is correct to a point as negotiations have stopped for now. They actually stopped nearly 2 weeks ago.

Any mention of £'s is nonesense. David's agent hasn't asked to be top earner or anywhere near. City have put clauses in the contract offer and this is the issue not the £'s. I don't know what clauses but offence has been taken to them.

David & his agents are principled people & it's going to have to be a significant move on the 'suits' part at city to change the impassè.

Financial Fair Play seems to be really effecting city's dealings. However it seems it's ok to pay over £20m for a player in the last year of their contract & give them £150k per week but piss around with the Premier Lge's best creative midfielder....

City & us the fans will be the losers on this one. Sort it city!

Bluwhit said:
I've managed to get a bit of clarity re the contract situation and this leaked story.

It has not come from David's agents. Ladyman is correct to a point as negotiations have stopped for now. They actually stopped nearly 2 weeks ago.

Any mention of £'s is nonesense. David's agent hasn't asked to be top earner or anywhere near. City have put clauses in the contract offer and this is the issue not the £'s. I don't know what clauses but offence has been taken to them.

David & his agents are principled people & it's going to have to be a significant move on the 'suits' part at city to change the impassè.

Financial Fair Play seems to be really effecting city's dealings. However it seems it's ok to pay over £20m for a player in the last year of their contract & give them £150k per week but piss around with the Premier Lge's best creative midfielder....

City & us the fans will be the losers on this one. Sort it city!

I personally do not believe that was ever going to happen, not beacause we wouldn't but because it always seemed unlikley.

Tevez City said:
So he is not happy with 160 k a week ?

Would U be? If U could get an extra 80 or 90 grand a week? The thing with Silva is he's not greedy, but i'm sure his agent is, they all are! And he seems quite a sensitive fellow, so it wouldn't take much backroom unpleasantness to put him off his game, and he seemed off his game on sunday, pay him what he's worth and move on!

ZZmaestro said:
Didsbury Dave said:
ZZmaestro said:
Samir Nasri is paid 150K just as him, despite the fact that he is performing far much better than him since mid February.
Nope, only and only if he comes back permanently to his former form displayer during May/November 2011.
Just as others say, i think the David we are looking at from last winter till now is THE David we will have for this hole new season. Some have been covering his rather sub-par performances behind a bs injury that is reported nowhere but on their deluded and blind love for him.
I find it shocking that people can have an opinion like this. Silva has looked world class for 2 years. He's an incrediblly talented player who had a bad game on Sunday. He's our most important and influential player and has been since he arrived. Without him we don't penetrate or play with the right tempo.

Although he's one of our key players among Hart/Vinnie/Yaya/Kun, Merlin's performance and form curve is absolutely going backward since last winter.
If you deny this, then you should really stop watching football cause you don't have a clue.

It seams to me that if he want's a pay raise he should and must first of all get back to the level he was last year.

I agree to some level, but his form has dropped since Nasri has emerged as a big player, I feel Silva just needs a bit of direction, I don't think world football has ever seen anything like a Yaya/Silva/Nasri combination all playing at the top of their game, I just hope we don't get the Lampard/Gerrard situation where they can't play together!

ZZmaestro said:

Judging on last season, Silva should be on more than Nasri. Nasri improved in the final few games but he wasn't that good. On the other hand Silva was absolutely magnificent for half the season and wasn't as bad in the other half as is made out by some.

As for the injury, you'd have to call Silva himself a liar becausehe commented on it numerous times.

ZZmaestro said:
Didsbury Dave said:
ZZmaestro said:

'hi David, it's Brian. I know we said we'd offer you a new deal this summer but to be honest your corners were average against qpr in may and you were shocking on Sunday against Southampton. Tell you what we'll do, we will see how you perform over the next few games. Play well and we will pay you what barca or real madrid would. Play shit again and you can have the same as adebayor got. David? David? Where are you?'

And I'm the one who hasn't a clue....;-)

David Silva and the contract talks

Anyone else a little bit worried as it seems the talks have reached a bit of an impasse?

I'm confident it can be resolved but I have doubts in the back of my mind.

He's a player we need to keep, he's the thin line between success and failure.

Get it sorted, City!

Re: David Silva and the contract talks

I've got a nagging feeling that this is going to drag on and on with Barca witing in the wings and lots of non-stories appearing in the tabloids. Eventually he will leave City next summer.
Hope I'm wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.