David Silva

Really feeling the sorrow he must be feeling himself, he's really going through a bad patch, he will get it back cos he's a player in the same mode as CT & Kun

You can trace this back to the first half of last season when we were running riot. He had space to work in then.

Since then, the opposition have learned to pack the midfield and the back line, robbing him of space to weave his magic.

The thing is, I don't know if he can change his game to suit, certainly his passes need to be quicker and more accurate, but if I am honest, in the way our games pan out at the moment, I can see him continuing the struggle.

Hope I'm wrong...

Something fundamental seems to have changed with City - last season, we would frequently be camped on the edge of the other team's box ... passing, passing, passing endlessly until we saw a gap ... to be fair, it was too much passing at times -

- but this season we don't seem to be doing that - we seem to want to hit a through-ball as soon as we see any possibility of one. I'm wondering if Mancini / Platt identified the slower build-up as a problem and have asked everyone to hit balls quicker / be less patient ?

That could be affecting Silva a bit ... or perhaps I'm just making excuses for him.

Its not just silva though

yaya s passing is waywarda t present as well (though I agree silva is way off his game)

He just looks tired to me and i dont think he has recovered from the summer....he needs a bit of a rest and just training in my opinion.

The whole midfield looks to have lost its shape and balance as well

Silva is a class player however and it will return at some point

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on a player / performance but I'm really surprised how negative the opinion is on here of Silva yesterday.

It's the first game I remember at home in a long while where we had to concede so much possession, and I thought Silva's work to win the ball back was the best I've ever seen from him.

He did lose possession a few times, but the statistics don't tell the full story. Players like Garcia, Rodwell, De Jong never give the ball away, because they always play the simple, square pass. That is their job and the do it well, but if everyone made those passes we wouldn't get anywhere!

It's not like Silva was regularly giving it away with simple square balls. He was trying to thread through creative passes creating chances, he's the best in the league at it, and one of the best in Europe.

He came up against a man on fire yesterday in Mertesaker. I'm not his biggest fan, but you don't get so many caps for Germany if you're a mug. His reading of Silva's through balls was brilliant, against a player is less form Silva would have looked much better.

I don't want to labour the point, but let's wait and see what his performances are like when Barry and Kun are fully match fit

The guy has got ten goals and around thirty five assists in two trophy winning seasons, and though I agree his form has not been particularly standout in 2012, this thread has convinced me beyond doubt that, amongst others, there are some top notch drama queens on this forum.

When he is the player with the most assists in the Premier League & in the team of the season for the second year running, and once again the players player of the year then I hope they'll be some people on this thread either eating their words or choking on them.

Silva was awful. No control and way too many misplaced passes. At one stage I was counting how often he gave the ball away.It seemed like everytime the ball went to him he lost it. If we had taken him off and brought on Tevez we would have won the game imo. Dzeko with Tevez and Aguiro either side would have done it. Tevez just doesnt loss the ball as easily as Silva did the other day.I think Silva needs dropping for a couple of games.

Seedy Ron said:
The guy has got ten goals and around thirty five assists in two trophy winning seasons, and though I agree his form has not been particularly standout in 2012, this thread has convinced me beyond doubt that, amongst others, there are some top notch drama queens on this forum.

When he is the player with the most assists in the Premier League & in the team of the season for the second year running, and once again the players player of the year then I hope they'll be some people on this thread either eating their words or choking on them.

Imsure he'll come good again but his form has been very poor. Like I say, I think being dropped for a couple of games might get that hunger back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.