David Silva

He's been shit for a while for sure but he IS class and deserves to play through the bad spell and will come out shining. Unlike what I've seen of Sinclair as no matter what you do, you can't polish a turd.

i cant remember the last time he had a decent game. When you think how he used to dictate the tempo of the game and thread those fantastic passes, it just doesnt happen now.
If he's carrying a knock or if hes just plain tired ,we should tale him out of the team for 4 weeks to let hom recover/ recharge his batteries.
I am certain it would help him to get back his mojo

He is missing Barry,the fact he nominated Barry as player of the year suggests how important Barry is to Silva in midfield.

Looks badly off form, don't think one of his through balls came off. Was impressed though that he wasn't shirking responsiblity, he was still always looking to get on the ball and was still trying to unlock their defence. His form is a huge worry but I'll worry more when he starts "hiding" in games.

Silva is an amazing player - this is true, but why is he so preferential to Aguero and Tevez?

Last game Dzeko was open and in better positions so many times and he preferred to push Aguero even though Kun wasn't his 100% - anyone could see that.

Silva's skills are superb, but his decision making is sometimes lacking.

I don't understand. Since January Silva has looked average at best but when playing for Spain he looks like the player we saw at the start of last season. These days he seems to slow down our attacks and plays the predicable through-ball which 9 out of ten times fails to reach his man. I want the old-Silva who blew the premier league away with many people speaking about him being top 10 in the world. This Silva certainly isn't top 10. Maybe he needs a rest but who knows, all we know is that Silva needs to rediscover his old touch and set the Premier League alight again.

It's true, he plays better for Spain than us which makes me wonder if it's the tinkering with our system that is effecting him, not all this tiredness/ankle stuff. He was stunning in the first half of last season, exactly when did Mancini start to tinker with the system? Silva's dip in form came around January didn't it?

mcfc2607 said:
pee dubya said:
He was playing through balls that weren't really on, like he felt he was expected to try them, more in hope that expectation. I think he needs to take a step back a little, play a bit simpler, get more touches and more involved. A bit more short pass and move, rather than trying the killer ball so much.

In fact as a whole i think we're rushing things too much when we get up the pitch, like we're so used to cutting teams apart we don't need to build and craft moves any more. More movement, more passes, drag players out of position and then the gaps will come for Silva to play the through ball.
100% spot on.

+ 1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.