David Silva

Sorry but am I the only one who thought Our David had an average game at best and we have too may followers wearing their blue tinted specs ???
Hey I`m not suggesting he was alone,but he certainly didn`t shine last night as did any of his midfield team mates and for me Nige was superb in midfield.
Thats my take on it and I hope to see a vast improvement in the next Spanish game.Reminds me of City at times as they always want to play football but sometimes you just have to be plain ugly.

tonea2003 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
tonea2003 said:
as long as he doesn't get injured the rest is irrelevant

This and only this.I hope they "rest" him for the next game..

me too mate

Every time he's on the ball I'm expecting the sons of Van Bommel to come steaming in and kick him into row Z.

Pity that little dink didn't go in! We'd have had a slightly different second half!

tonea2003 said:
as long as he doesn't get injured the rest is irrelevant

Agreed. My biggest fear is that he gets kicked to Kingdom come and cops an injury.

I was trying to think of a game that Merlin has played where he has been on the receiving end of such a lopsided scoreline. I can't recall a City game that he played in and was so one sided in terms of the score.

I wouldn't mind Spain being knocked out early on. He needs to spend a month on Gran Canaria recuperating and just having a good rest.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
tonea2003 said:

me too mate

Every time he's on the ball I'm expecting the sons of Van Bommel to come steaming in and kick him into row Z.

Pity that little dink didn't go in! We'd have had a slightly different second half!

I expected the same to be fair, thought Hollands midfield and defence were very heavy into the tackle, particularly Indi, who I thought looked good but all the other times I've seen him he's looked cumbersome.

oakiecokie said:
Sorry but am I the only one who thought Our David had an average game at best and we have too may followers wearing their blue tinted specs ???
Hey I`m not suggesting he was alone,but he certainly didn`t shine last night as did any of his midfield team mates and for me Nige was superb in midfield.
Thats my take on it and I hope to see a vast improvement in the next Spanish game.Reminds me of City at times as they always want to play football but sometimes you just have to be plain ugly.
Tbh, hard for anyone to shine the way Spain were playing, not his best game, but he was far from the weakest link.

oakiecokie said:
Yeah I agree with all that,I don't think they have the midfield to play ugly.

andyhinch said:
oakiecokie said:
Tbh, hard for anyone to shine the way Spain were playing, not his best game, but he was far from the weakest link.

I did say that mate,in a roundabout manner.

oakiecokie said:
andyhinch said:
oakiecokie said:

When you see him clearing up at right back you kind of know things aren't going well.

oakiecokie said:
andyhinch said:
oakiecokie said:

When you see him clearing up at right back you kind of know things aren't going well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.