David Silva

Leave my David alone.
Casillas, Ramos, Pique, Busquets, Alonso, Xavi & Costa all worse than DS by some distance. Holland were also very,very good.

Bruun said:
Best player in the spanish squad tonight, did some decent defending at crucial times before it went into a horror show, while still orchestrating the offense, more than Xavi, Iniesta and Alonso together.

My view too. Silva wasnt responsible for any of the Dutch goals No good blaming him for being denied a goal by a great save when Spain did not make many other chances. David is not a natural goalscorer but Just how good are Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo and Jovetic fed by Silva compared with Costa and Torres?

Problem was midfield who are ageing, slow and predictable. No pace in the side and gone is the high tempo passing and high energy closing down. The Dutch just bypassed or cut through them. Spanish defense was cruelly exposed leaving them unable to cope with the pace and power of the Dutch.

A wake up call for Spain. An indicator of how LVG will want the rags to play.

He played well, had an effort well saved, did nowt wrong really.
The team as a whole seems to be feeling their collective age now though.

Anyone blaming the loss at his feet just doesn't see footy the same way as me i guess.
He was one of their best players last night imo.

maybe should have buried it but was still far better than xavi or iniesta. spain are past it. wouldn't be surprised to see them bow out at the group stage. i had them going out in the quarters before but i really think this current squad is no good. and costa was utter shit

spain haven't got any steel in midfield,too many players samey samey,add yaya and ferna into the middle with aguero up front,a sprinkling off nasri,zabba and kola,dmd and company and you would be getting somewhere

sir peace frog said:
spain haven't got any steel in midfield,too many players samey samey,add yaya and ferna into the middle with aguero up front,a sprinkling off nasri,zabba and kola,dmd and kompany and you would be getting somewhere

yep, my thoughts too. still they will qualify though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.