David Silva

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Jack74 said:
Loved some of the replies , keep it up boys , still some of u think he is World Class if Nasri had missed the chance that your hero missed/saved ( my Mam would have saved ) at 1 0 to us and then we ended getting beat 5 1 ( September 23 1989 , Rag ) he would have been slaughtered .

But not your precious Dave I can't pass more than 5 yards Silva
Enjoy your afternoon and let's hope Joe keeps a clean sheet tonite

Hand me the smelling salts. The year's most incredible Bluemoon statement. Knocks De Niro in full blown wum mode, into a cocked hat.

The fact that City's usual MO is to squeeze teams to death high up the pitch, with bag fulls of possession, doesn't really lend itself to raking 50 yarders does it now? If you want hoof and charge and an empty trophy cabinet, then Stevie G's your man. If you want someone to unpick an endless succession of parked buses and win you the title however (I'm thinking Aston Villa by way of example), then David Silva is the finest exponent of the art EVER to grace English football. That is all
Hull away, with 10 men springs to mind:)

Silva is one of the best players to put on a City shirt for a long time but I do wish he would sometimes just hammer the ball in the back of the net! ;) tried to chip the keeper again last night(against Holland) rather than just picking a spot and hit it...

GO CITY!!!!!!

Spain dominated for the first half an hour and he was at the centre of everything that was good about there display - Silva was a joy to watch and I felt proud that he was one of OURS.

Unfortunately, his one glaring flaw is that he doesn't score enough goals, and this happened again last night when he should have scored to make it 2 nil.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he is dropped for the next game despite being the best player for Spain last night, they are a funny bunch!

On an aside - thank God that we aren't signing Costa and just how bad can Torres get!?

Bizarre to see that move where Dave was right up front running on to a through ball threaded to him from about twenty yards back. Bizarre, because at our place it is Sergio (or Edin, or Beast) in exactly that position, up front, and it is Merlin threading the ball through. It's a role reversal that just isn't natural to Silva. In the general shipwreck that was Spain last night, Dave was not the worst offender, far from it. He is made to look ordinary because Spain have no goal poacher, and haven't had since Torres went off the boil (some years back). We have four guys up right up front all looking to score — Dave, Ferny, Yaya are the service providers to them. If Spain are at the point where they look to Dave to score goals often for them, then they're in deep, deep shit.
For what it's worth, I don't have that chance he fluffed down as a glaring miss,. The Dutch keeper did well, coming out and narrowing the angle, Dave tried to be just that bit too clever, it didn't pay off. Could happen to a lot of natural strikers, and he's not one of them, and never will be.

bluecityste said:
Spain dominated for the first half an hour and he was at the centre of everything that was good about there display - Silva was a joy to watch and I felt proud that he was one of OURS.

Unfortunately, his one glaring flaw is that he doesn't score enough goals, and this happened again last night when he should have scored to make it 2 nil.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he is dropped for the next game despite being the best player for Spain last night, they are a funny bunch!

On an aside - thank God that we aren't signing Costa and just how bad can Torres get!?

Yes, he'll be dropped because he doesn't play for Barca or Real Madrid. Del Bosque needs to find the balls to ditch at least Casillas, Xavi and Pique (average without Puyol alongside him to tell him what to do),

lancs blue said:
bluecityste said:

Yes, he'll be dropped because he doesn't play for Barca or Real Madrid. Del Bosque needs to find the balls to ditch at least Casillas, Xavi and Pique (average without Puyol alongside him to tell him what to do),
Silva was the sole attacking threat for Spain. The only player who looked like scoring and hurting Holland. But you might be right

Spain lack energy in their game, and a forward to complement their give and go

lancs blue said:
bluecityste said:

The spanish press has lashed out at pretty much the whole squad.except for iniesta who.atleast gave it a try,really unfair to.silva if he is to be dropped for next game which i think he will be and if xavi,pique,
and casillas starts.Those three where just terrible.

Jack74 said:
Loved some of the replies , keep it up boys , still some of u think he is World Class if Nasri had missed the chance that your hero missed/saved ( my Mam would have saved ) at 1 0 to us and then we ended getting beat 5 1 ( September 23 1989 , Rag ) he would have been slaughtered .

But not your precious Dave I can't pass more than 5 yards Silva

Enjoy your afternoon and let's hope Joe keeps a clean sheet tonite

one word, two syllables, headdick

Silva is a wonderful player but it does irk me sometimes that outside of the Etihad I don't think people always understand just how good he is. I have thought for a while that if he could improve his goal scoring then he really would get the recognition he deserves from the wider football public. Last night was a case in point and I felt sorry for him when the goalie made the save - sometimes he wants the perfect goal whereas as others have said just place it in the corner.
All that said very surprised Spain felt they could go again with Busquets, Xavi and Alonso as this trio are now becoming a bit too immobile and the right back never gave any options eithet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.