David Silva

lewisMCFC said:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV5Ja_rgYFw[/video]

Don't know if this has been posted, but enjoy. I love Silva.
Why do these YouTube videos always have terrible music on them?

Deepest Blue said:
Skilly McRailnob said:
still thinking about this season's match at Hull. fukking amazing performance.
Best all season by any player IMO.
I thought he was even better at Old Trafford.

KippaxCitizen said:
Deepest Blue said:
Skilly McRailnob said:
still thinking about this season's match at Hull. fukking amazing performance.

He was amazing at both really though wasn't he. The hull game tho, with Vinnie sent off 10 minutes in I thought our title race was over but Dave just calmly grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and ran the show, once again, scoring a blinder in the process.

Just because he won it pretty much single handedly and the fact we were down to ten men his hull performance shades it for me. It was the way he did it all so calmly as well, as if he was saying "ok we're down to ten men for 80 minutes but don't sweat it just keep giving me the ball". We did and we won because of him. His calmness under pressure with numerous players constantly chasing him around was beautiful.

The Fat el Hombre said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Deepest Blue said:

He was amazing at both really though wasn't he. The hull game tho, with Vinnie sent off 10 minutes in I thought our title race was over but Dave just calmly grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and ran the show, once again, scoring a blinder in the process.

Just because he won it pretty much single handedly and the fact we were down to ten men his hull performance shades it for me. It was the way he did it all so calmly as well, as if he was saying "ok we're down to ten men for 80 minutes but don't sweat it just keep giving me the ball". We did and we won because of him. His calmness under pressure with numerous players constantly chasing him around was beautiful.
The best footballer I've ever seen. I've seen Messi and CRonaldo live, CRonaldo has either got sent off or had a mare against us. Messi was well underpar against us, still very good like but not at his best. Marco Reus had the best individual performance I'd ever seen live when Dortmund came to our place (he was out of this world) but a few games this season David Silva has made me shake my head in disbelief of how good he is. These teo games (Hull and United) surpassed Reus' performance against us.

He was boss at Liverpool as well. Not for one second did he think we were going to lose that. It was "right, so we've gone 2-0 down have we? Well, we'll see about that". And but for Vinny's horrendous mistake, we wouldn't have. The title race should not even have gone to the wire as it did.
Everybody knows about his absurd technique. But I think what we've seen is mental qualities that I, for one, did not quite suspect. I voted for him as player of the season over Yaya (forget the current furore, it wasn't an issue at that point) simply because I've never seen him play a truly bad game. The mere amount of possession he gives us, holding and holding until people make runs, or releasing the ball immediately, seeing someone in space before any of us have seen it, makes him our key player over anyone, in my opinion. We can get by without Yaya, if we have to. We have got by without Sergio, even, since he was out for about 14 league games this season. But we cannot get by without Silva. I think it was Newcastle away in the Capital One Cup that demonstrated that ever so clearly this season. There was no brain to our play during normal time.
And think of that unutterably sublime goal he created in the demolition derby, releasing it perfectly for Jimmy, I think it was, who had overlapped, and leaving the entire United defence for dead. No, really he is the player for me. Would love him to have a great world cup. And Nassri and him are finally learning how to work together. That midfield, with or without Yaya, will be terrifying next season.

I think David is one of the toughest players in world football. I know that seems odd, given his other extraordinary attributes, but he gets kicked endlessly every match. Some of the challenges are absolutely ridiculous and every now and then he gets boots run down the back of his leg like they were clearing the mud.

Yet, he keeps playing, often through injuries and pain. And he rarely acts out—he just gets on with his magic.

He is a legend in my mind, as a creative maestro and a hardman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.