David Silva

Thought Merlin was one of the best players last night. He looked tired towards the end. At least he can give that ankle a good rest and go on a well earned vacation.

Get yourself back to Arguineguin and put your feet up Dave. He can finally have an almost full rest this summer.

Spain's success has meant he has basically played non stop because of Euro's and World Cup.

CTID101 said:
Get yourself back to Arguineguin and put your feet up Dave. He can finally have an almost full rest this summer.

Spain's success has meant he has basically played non stop because of Euro's and World Cup.

Spain's 3rd game is on 23rd June against Australia - so it is home for a rest - but don't City have a USA game in New York only 5 weeks later.

kippaxwarrior said:
Went to his beach resort on amadores beach yesterday in gran caniera. Its absolutely stunning. Wish i was here next week as I probably would of met him!!

I was there couple of years ago...if my son or i had a City top on all the locals in the shops and restaurants would stop and talk about Silva....they love him there

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Went to his beach resort on amadores beach yesterday in gran caniera. Its absolutely stunning. Wish i was here next week as I probably would of met him!!

I was there couple of years ago...if my son or i had a City top on all the locals in the shops and restaurants would stop and talk about Silva....they love him there

My dad had his Silva shirt on and the bar staff were having a chat with us about him. Also a couple of cars beeped us and shouting Silva! Sliva!

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Champions2012! said:
I bet Del Boque is really regretting that decision of not taking Negredo and Navas now.

He probably isn't, but he'd be wrong. Navas would have have given them the width and speed that they so painfully lack. Negredo would have given them the burliness, the ability to impose himself physically, plus some considerable football intelligence, that I haven't seen from Costa, at least not in this tournament. I'm not saying that two players would have turned it round, but Spain's game has turned out to be stereotyped, the Chileans were totally on to it, and this has been a tournament too far. Like a lot of posters, I have a purely selfish reaction : Dave comes back early and has a decent rest for us, and didn't pick up any bad knocks. Great!

Heard a report on 5live that said he felt the team needed a renovation and he hadn't taken enough steps to do so. It didn't say who he had in mind specifically but I'm sure Isco was at the top of the list and Navas couldn't have been far behind. Loyalty is great but I think he went way too far. Brought too many players that he was never going to use like Mata, Cazorla etc.. that are the same players as Silva and Iniesta but not as good. team had no pace at all. Still don't get why he didn't bring Negredo and Llorente instead of Torres and Villa. They couldn't score and Costa wasn't working. If he really thought they were up for it he would have played them. Why bring players that you're never going to use? The argument that Negredo was out of form doesn't work either seeing as how Torres has been out of form for 3 years. Mata barely played this year and never played great either.

citymad said:
Thought Merlin was one of the best players last night. He looked tired towards the end. At least he can give that ankle a good rest and go on a well earned vacation.

totally agree although the football oracle danny murphy reckoned merlin was poor???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.