David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really controlled the game yesterday, dictated direction tempo and posession as if the ball was glued to his foot. Then when we didn't have the ball he worked tirelessly as did the rest of the team. Was an individual and team performance to be proud of. Add into the mix Chelski then losing and even the doubting Thomas's on here must have to applaud our strengths rather than criticise our weaknesses. Remember what we sing and why we sing it. We're Man City we fight to the end.

stonerblue said:
Dazzing Dave was a class above every other player in the league today. The usual sublime skill, whippet pace and incisive passing were on show.
As if that wasn't enough, he seemed to step into the big gap that was left when Vinny went, and led the team on from the front. Tough little fucker as well.

He really is. Must be one of the toughest in the league, pound for pound.

CaliforniaBlue said:
stonerblue said:
Dazzing Dave was a class above every other player in the league today. The usual sublime skill, whippet pace and incisive passing were on show.
As if that wasn't enough, he seemed to step into the big gap that was left when Vinny went, and led the team on from the front. Tough little fucker as well.[/quote]

He really is. Must be one of the toughest in the league, pound for pound.

He gets hit more than most in every game. Gets up, gets on with it then usually gets revenge. Yaya on the other hand..

He's such a talented player, skilful, quick footed with a great football brain, but the thing that I've always liked most about him over the last few years is when he's having a run of poor form the effort he puts in is astounding for such a slight bloke, puts himself about closes down and gets in faces!

We are so very luck to have this little genius. And as others have said, he puts in the graft as well and does not shirk from the tougher side of the game.

Hey Ho Silva Lining.

stonerblue said:
As if that wasn't enough, he seemed to step into the big gap that was left when Vinny went, and led the team on from the front. Tough little fucker as well.

Good to the last drop that is blue.....

Silva was a class above anybody yesterday, silky skills galore. Who said the guy has a weak shot, kiss that wrist !

Ctid

I am so blessed that his name is the same as mine. whenever my wife utters the name David in her sleep - it is me she is dreaming of.

I wish!!!!!!!!!

LHarper said:
Outrageously talented. What a gem. Won't see a better performance this season.

I'm not sure about that?

Bayern away comes close, i know Milner got man of match but for me it was Silva, he single handily got us out of the hole we put ourselves in.

I was over there and you could see all heads going down and players wanting to hide, but not Silva, he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and got us playing again, he passed the ball about to get everyone involved and his run in the box to score gave us the belief we had a chance in the game.

He's a delight to watch and we're lucky to have him.

Danamy said:
LHarper said:
Outrageously talented. What a gem. Won't see a better performance this season.

I'm not sure about that?

Bayern away comes close, i know Milner got man of match but for me it was Silva, he single handily got us out of the hole we put ourselves in.

I was over there and you could see all heads going down and players wanting to hide, but not Silva, he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and got us playing again, he passed the ball about to get everyone involved and his run in the box to score gave us the belief we had a chance in the game.

He's a delight to watch and we're lucky to have him.

That's fair comment when you compare the quality of opposition in both games. The fact that he took control of our fight back in the Bayern game speaks volumes for his class. The other memorable display that I recall was against Real Madrid at the Etihad. In that game he was also the dominant player on the pitch.

In both the Bayern and Madrid games he was competing against the best teams in the game, and still stood out.

What a mighty little player he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.