David Silva

I think he's far from finished but his decline has started. Hardly surprising given his age, his ongoing problem with his ankle and the fact he's been kicked to death for the best part of a decade. He hasn't affected games this season when we've needed him to and it's really shown up how reliant we've been on him to do that week in week out for the past few years. Still a great player, but that assist statistic clearly doesn't paint an accurate pictute as he's been way off his consistent best this season.

For me, he's past his peak, but given it was quite a massive peak there's still plenty to offer (even if it's not quite as good as it used to be).
I think that's the point. In arguably his worse season for us he still gives us plenty.

There was a massive thread a bit ago on here which I think got locked in the end that was filled with posters all claiming Silva was finished, or that he was shit, or that Pep would boot him out the club as soon as he walked through the door and other such posts. I just found the whole thing not only laughable but hugely disrespectful to one of our best ever players and the fact he's so close to matching his best ever assists in a season despite us playing so shite shows what he can still offer the team. As someone else said if you surround Silva with players on the same wave length like Kev and Aguero he is still one of the best in the world.

Great post fella, couldn't agree more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.