David Silva

I admired what Mancini did for the club but I didn't want him to stay either as I thought he was heading in completely the wrong direction. Had higher hopes for Pellegrini but he's turned out to be a lesser manager.

I have always wanted the academy system to be independant of the manager, as it now is, but I've also always wanted Pep to come in & point the whole lot, including the first team, in the right direction, which, I agree, is not a straight copy of Barca but an English adaptation.

I would like to dream he will stay longer than 3 years but I don't feel he will. I don't even care if he wins anything next season. I just want the club as a whole moving forward because I think we've stopped & if we get that right I think we can outperform everybody in the future, but we have to make use of what we have & not waste it.

I'm not counting on him staying more than three years but maybe the club will get under his skin a bit; however, we can never compete with his affections for Barca. Not sure what exact age his children are but I suppose its possible they might do GCSE's / A-levels and that could be a factor in prolonging his stay.

I do care whether he wins something next year but progress in the right direction is most important.

Thanks much appreciated. Yeah I'm no fan of the idea of pain killing injections because like you say ultimately that's an injured player continuing to play.
Depends how clubs or sports look at players. Are they just another part in the engine that serves a purpose while they work correctly or are they a human being who will have a life after playing? Many sports clubs across many sports look at their players/performers/athletes simply as an employee who is there to help the team win, if they can't do that because of pain or the fear of reinjury then they may inject them to play without pain or fear so they can be or they just get rid of them. If it's alright for the club while that players useful it doesn't matter to them if that player's quality of life will be worsened in retirement because of what they're putting them through as a player. Ulitimately it's about a win, three points or a trophy(or plural). How far does that go with us and players like David Silva?

I reckon Premier League players are asked to play through a lot of injuries. The only thing with that is, even if they don't worsen that injury, there is a hell of a lot subsequent injuries that can occur elsewhere because of changes to the way a player runs moves in other ways due to the original injury. Then that can be a vicious circle.

Since he got 'done' playing for Spain in October

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.