David Silva

I think you have made this point in the past but perhaps he would be better served by moving back to Spain, which might be less unforgiving physically that the Premier League.

I got called an idiot and a **** for saying that so I won't be making that mistake again. Although judging by the number of ignored posts in this thread since I posted this morning I reckon I'm getting the same treatment again!

I got called an idiot and a **** for saying that so I won't be making that mistake again. Although judging by the number of ignored posts in this thread since I posted this morning I reckon I'm getting the same treatment again!
Hahaha! You've got me on ignore? Soft ****.

No point getting annoyed now: he's gone. He has a different approach to Pep. At one point, I used to repeat that I wasn't a "Mancini out" kinda guy but I was a "Pep in" so I have been waiting for Pep for years: I think he may just bring exactly the game that I want to see us play, which would be a adaptation of what he has done at Barca and Bayern that is designed for Premier League football and a march on Europe.

I admired what Mancini did for the club but I didn't want him to stay either as I thought he was heading in completely the wrong direction. Had higher hopes for Pellegrini but he's turned out to be a lesser manager.

I have always wanted the academy system to be independant of the manager, as it now is, but I've also always wanted Pep to come in & point the whole lot, including the first team, in the right direction, which, I agree, is not a straight copy of Barca but an English adaptation.

I would like to dream he will stay longer than 3 years but I don't feel he will. I don't even care if he wins anything next season. I just want the club as a whole moving forward because I think we've stopped & if we get that right I think we can outperform everybody in the future, but we have to make use of what we have & not waste it.

Don't know what Bluewhit's said but didn't David himself say that he spent all of last season playing with pain and because of that injections? Happy to stand corrected if that's not the case.

On degeneration you'll have to forgive me I'm not a doc I just can't see how it's good consistently playing with jabs.

Hmm don't remember reading that one anywhere so let's hope it's not the case.

I'm not a doc either, only a soon-to-be-one:) So I must confess that I only know the general principles but not the very specifics. It's best to allow one to recuperate to a certain degree before restarting training or playing, but often the situations force the players to play without full fitness. However, I thought some injury problems are blown out of proportion in this forum. Not every seemingly chronic problem is insolvable. We are often in a helpless situation, but the advances are coming in leaps and bounds. So I have hope that his issue will be fully resolved by pre-season, even with the Euros.

"lying down when the going gets tough" I've heard some shite, mainly from that poster but fuck me that's rich. He gets kicked continuously throughout the game. He gets no protection from refs and more importantly from his team mates who stand and watch. Up until this last injury he never looked like lying down. He's a tenacious little fucker who has to stand up for himself and does so.
He may, may not be a certainty for the 10 role next year but he's most certainly going to be part of Peps plans because like I said yesterday, he's not an idiot.

too true. Silva has been poor in parts this season but he can not be accused of hiding. He always shows for the ball and always wants it and that is often after being kicked all over the pitch.

Hmm don't remember reading that one anywhere so let's hope it's not the case.

I'm not a doc either, only a soon-to-be-one:) So I must confess that I only know the general principles but not the very specifics. It's best to allow one to recuperate to a certain degree before restarting training or playing, but often the situations force the players to play without full fitness. However, I thought some injury problems are blown out of proportion in this forum. Not every seemingly chronic problem is insolvable. We are often in a helpless situation, but the advances are coming in leaps and bounds. So I have hope that his issue will be fully resolved by pre-season, even with the Euros.

Yeah I've found the interview it's from December of last year where he talks about the regularity of his injections. Goes back more than two years.

Nor are there doubts about ankle injuries that have sidelined Silva, including two months of this campaign, although he admitted: “I have to look after them because both of them have been damaged over the years in football. But when you get on the pitch you don’t think something might or might not happen.

“At the moment they are fine. In the past there have been games where I have played where I have had injections.

“Two years when we won the league I played months with pain and had to have injections. But that’s something you have to do for the team and have to do for the club.”

As a nearly Doctor what's your take on taking injections like that so regularly?

Yeah I've found the interview it's from December of last year where he talks about the regularity of his injections. Goes back more than two years.

As a nearly Doctor what's your take on taking injections like that so regularly?

I think he did play in pain sometimes but taking injections for months or as much as this season? I don't think so.

The injection he's taking is probably a diclofenac isn't it? Every drug has side effects but for an NSAID, it's one of the lesser evils. Pretty safe indeed. So injection itself would not lead to a worsening of symptoms or delayed recovery. Those are mainly caused by playing when you are still carrying an injury. I don't like players taking injections, but sometimes I understand it may be out of necessity. What I hope is that Pep will discourage such warrior-like behaviour. And at this stage I think the issue can still be fixed for there is no indication of chronic instability (even this can be resolved), and it is a fix that he is getting right now.

I think he did play in pain sometimes but taking injections for months or as much as this season? I don't think so.

The injection he's taking is probably a diclofenac isn't it? Every drug has side effects but for an NSAID, it's one of the lesser evils. Pretty safe indeed. So injection itself would not lead to a worsening of symptoms or delayed recovery. Those are mainly caused by playing when you are still carrying an injury. I don't like players taking injections, but sometimes I understand it may be out of necessity. What I hope is that Pep will discourage such warrior-like behaviour. And at this stage I think the issue can still be fixed for there is no indication of chronic instability (even this can be resolved), and it is a fix that he is getting right now.

Thanks much appreciated. Yeah I'm no fan of the idea of pain killing injections because like you say ultimately that's an injured player continuing to play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.