David Silva

Read Bluewhit's post from a few pages back. Within the context of the season he's had and the fact he's missed our last five games as well as chunks of the season prior .... Well anyway this will all come out in the wash when Pep gets here.

I read something he posted that only made me think that Silva should be on the beach this summer.

I have a personal obsession over the pressing game, it started with AC Milan under Sacchi, and I have been waiting since then for a City manager to implement it properly. I actually thought Pellegrini would bring that: IIRC, there's an old Pep quote that he nicked his approach to the pressing game from Pellegrini! This has always made me wonder if Pellers largely ditched the pressing game because too many of his best players would not do it properly and he decided, in that case, to adapt.

One thing I have noticed is more than once, is KDB going to press defenders and looking round to see no one following and him then waving at his team mates. Fascinating times ahead.

Aguero does the same many times as did Sterling when he first arrived. Something is not working, 3 years in.

But imo Pellegrini employs a 'sometimes' 'partial' pressing game & is not committed to it & does it with the team spread around the pitch & the wrong selection. The more I talk about stuff like this the more he annoys me.

When Malaga were holding out in Dortmund, he brought on Santa Cruz. He was the one 'closing down'. That says it all about how well organised this stuff is, & why Yaya Toure starts v Liverpool in a 2 imo.

I don't think Pep will hang players out like that.

Aguero does the same many times as did Sterling when he first arrived. Something is not working, 3 years in.

But imo Pellegrini employs a 'sometimes' 'partial' pressing game & is not committed to it & does it with the team spread around the pitch & the wrong selection. The more I talk about stuff like this the more he annoys me.

When Malaga were holding out in Dortmund, he brought on Santa Cruz. He was the one 'closing down'. That says it all about how well organised this stuff is, & why Yaya Toure starts v Liverpool in a 2 imo.

I don't think Pep will hang players out like that.

No point getting annoyed now: he's gone. He has a different approach to Pep. At one point, I used to repeat that I wasn't a "Mancini out" kinda guy but I was a "Pep in" so I have been waiting for Pep for years: I think he may just bring exactly the game that I want to see us play, which would be a adaptation of what he has done at Barca and Bayern that is designed for Premier League football and a march on Europe.

Just seen even after all the injury headaches of this season that Silva's in the Spain squad. That boy really should be taking the summer off if he genuinely wants a future under Pep. What's the bet he arrives at pre season training with an injury again?

He's not really been that injury prone though generally. Until this season he has played 30+ league games a season, except 3 years ago when he played 27. I also don't think he's a player in decline as some have suggested. Last season he had his best ever league goals tally of 12 and started the this season in excellent form until the injury.

Having said that, I wish he was having the Summer off too.

He's not really been that injury prone though generally. Until this season he has played 30+ league games a season, except 3 years ago when he played 27. I also don't think he's a player in decline as some have suggested. Last season he had his best ever league goals tally of 12 and started the this season in excellent form until the injury.

Having said that, I wish he was having the Summer off too.

The degeneration of his ankle is pretty bad. He's been playing with pain killing injections for nearly two full seasons. That IMO isn't the kind of player you can rely on. Especially at his age.

You're right he started this season well. He also never recovered fully from his ankle twist in November.

The degeneration of his ankle is pretty bad. He's been playing with pain killing injections for nearly two full seasons. That IMO isn't the kind of player you can rely on. Especially at his age.

You're right he started this season well. He also never recovered fully from his ankle twist in November.

Don't think this is correct, at least according to Bluwhit. And it is vastly different from degeneration. Degeneration often means there are further problems with muscles and bones, or perhaps instability of joints, but I don't think this is the case.

I think you have made this point in the past but perhaps he would be better served by moving back to Spain, which might be less unforgiving physically that the Premier League.

David's ankle problem is a ligament. It ideally would be treated with physio or manipulation. However it's too deep to get to so it's rest and anti inflammatory injections. The hamstring injury has helped because he will have had 3 weeks rest.
It's not a chronic issue.
He is staying at City next season.
Just a quick one. How long has he had this problem with his ankle?

Don't think this is correct, at least according to Bluwhit. And it is vastly different from degeneration. Degeneration often means there are further problems with muscles and bones, or perhaps instability of joints, but I don't think this is the case.

Don't know what Bluewhit's said but didn't David himself say that he spent all of last season playing with pain and because of that injections? Happy to stand corrected if that's not the case.

On degeneration you'll have to forgive me I'm not a doc I just can't see how it's good consistently playing with jabs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.