David Villa - Bad player or not?

Ricster

Just wondering what everyone thinks of Villa on here. Been watching him in this tournament and as always im impressed with him.

The reason for the question though is because he constantly pulls out onto the wing, so does this make him a bad player or lazy? Just wanted to know cos people say Ade is lazy and shit for the same reason.

In my opinion only second to Messi as the world's best at the moment. He's a goal scoring machine and for that reason I think he pips Tranny into third place. He has the ability to tear past any defence and his shooting is the deadliest there is. Barca will be immense again next season.

Quality player. I think he can cut inside on his right foot and be devastating, i think Ade looks lost on the wing, where as Villa can play there and is a bit more versatile!

Damn I was pipped to it! To address another of your points then, Spain are playing him on the left anyway. It's his best position and I've seen him doing it for Valencia on many occasions too. He swaps with Silva who joins Mata centrally then cuts in on his right foot and either sets up one of the other two or shoots (usually with deadly results). A bit like Rooney for Scum.

Brilliant striker. Can be a little wasteful but bags of goals speak for themselves and also lethal out wide cutting in. Would have been amazing for us too, but not to be.

point taken, but, to be fair, that's why spain have a picked a central striker as well, one who plays in the middle and stays central, not drifting out to to either wing but rather spending his time in and around the penalty spot or between the two central defenders. a 'centre-forward', if you will.

Ricster said:
Just wondering what everyone thinks of Villa on here. Been watching him in this tournament and as always im impressed with him.

The reason for the question though is because he constantly pulls out onto the wing, so does this make him a bad player or lazy? Just wanted to know cos people say Ade is lazy and shit for the same reason.

Okay, I'll bite.

Villa does a good job out wide when he drifts, Ade doesn't (can't cross, not the best passer, limited vision). Ade should stay central where can be very effective, and use the energy saved to jump for a few more flick ons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.