David Villa is now available......

jordinho09 said:
chorleybloo123 said:
MattyBlue20 said:
If we are going to raid Valancia I can only think of a few players suitable for us, I've watched almost all of their televised games this season and here is a little list.

David Villa (45million)
Raul Albiol (20million) Too expensive £15m tops.
Sunny (15million)
Joaquin (20million) - Never worth that Silva is better and younger.
Total (100million) and some great squad assests
chorley bloo u have forgot one of the best lbs in europe marchena

Merchana is a CB and although Joaquin has been branded as inconsistent no doubt that he is a quality player and would bring us more depth

He will play in Barcelona or Madrid, never in England. He and his family wanna live in Spain.

ell said:
..hes leaving because they didnt get into the champions league....while city didnt even get into europe??

I wish people would stop going on about City not getting in europe, that is not the point here. The point is Valencia are in a right mess with money, if they would have reached the Champions League that would have helped them out massively and Villa would have stayed as he loves the club. The fact they didn't get in means they have to sell him and they will want the most money they can get for him to make up for not getting in the Champions League.

It has nothing to do with Villa wanting to join a club in europe, he will go for the best deal for himself and the club, trust me on that.

kiam06 said:
ell said:
..hes leaving because they didnt get into the champions league....while city didnt even get into europe??

I wish people would stop going on about City not getting in europe, that is not the point here. The point is Valencia are in a right mess with money, if they would have reached the Champions League that would have helped them out massively and Villa would have stayed as he loves the club. The fact they didn't get in means they have to sell him and they will want the most money they can get for him to make up for not getting in the Champions League.

It has nothing to do with Villa wanting to join a club in europe, he will go for the best deal for himself and the club, trust me on that.

Correct, but i don't think he has any desire to leave Spain. Plus if Eto'o is on our radar then Barca must be an option. Plus the Madrid elections mean that they must also be an option.
I'm convinced he will not be coming here.

kiam06 said:
he will go for the best deal for himself and the club.
Using what criteria though?

The best deal for Villa would be a move to Barcelona - he'd still get great wages and would be competing for every trophy.

The best deal for Valencia would be to City - we'd probably be willing to pay 10m more than Barca.

So there's a direct conflict right from the start and with Valencia being in so much financial shit, the power lies firmly in Villa's court: "I don't want to go to England, so accept the offer from Barca or I'll stay put as I'm more than happy where I am."

Villa gets to stay in Spain, play for a top club and earn big wages, while Valenica get a sizeable chunk of money off Barcelona. Everybody's happy. Apart from us, of course!!!

Madrid and Barca will be trying to sign Villa on the cheap just because of who they are, if we have a massive offer tabled Valencia will hold out and thats where Madrid and Barca will back out of the deal and he will put pen to paper at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.