David Villa..

Pato's just gone from Milan so I reckon Mario could be off there. Then I can see us signing Villa until the end of the season on loan and going for Falcao in the summer because it would be difficult to go straight for Falcao in January.

Is he really what we need, a 31 year old on massive wages? We could sell Dzeko and Balotelli and January and loan Villa for the rest of the season.

He's not but it's the Daily Star, the worst newspaper of them all. The Daily Mirror back page says he's going to Chelsea.

Villa on a 6-month loan would be OK, signing him on a big contract would just be stupid IMO, he will be leaving a club where he has won everything, having recently had a very serious injury. It's screams final paycheck and lack of desire compared to in the past. He's 32 next year.

Young players are the way forward for our club, we should leave buying Villa in 2008 IMO, although again a 6-month loan move and not a permanent move would be alright (but Barca won't do this deal) as long as we aren't bound to giving him a huge contract.

LoveCity said:
He's not but it's the Daily Star, the worst newspaper of them all. The Daily Mirror back page says he's going to Chelsea.

Villa on a 6-month loan would be OK, signing him on a big contract would just be stupid IMO, he will be leaving a club where he has won everything, having recently had a very serious injury. It's screams final paycheck and lack of desire compared to in the past. He's 32 next year.

Young players are the way forward for our club, we should leave buying Villa in 2008 IMO, although again a 6-month loan move and not a permanent move would be alright (but Barca won't do this deal) as long as we aren't bound to giving him a huge contract.

Yeah, unfortunately, you're right but we have half a season to claw back the scum and David Villa would be a start, no matter how temporary.

Am I right in thinking that it isn't form that's keeping him out of the Barca first team as much as it is about the bust up he had with Messi a few months back?

This would be our Teddy Sherringham signing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.