David Villa..

Cleaned up Guardian article;

A footballer is only as faithful as his options. That's how faithful a footballer is, no more, no less. And as the transfer window comes to a welcome close, there are billions upon billions of boilerplate ballers flapping their gums and running their mouths and talking up a storm as they behold more brilliant ballers than them making more massive moves and more massive money. "I would never do such a thing. This is a travesty," they cry, enviously. But ain't no Real Madrids trying to buy SteveSidwell. Ain't no Barcelonas trying to buy Alex Song. You arenevergoing to hear Fernando Torres saying: "Man, I wish, these clubs would just back up off me! Let a player play!"

One thing you are going to hear, however, is that the Mill has lost its jauntiness. Bye, bye jauntiness. So long. Farewell. It's been fun. We've had some good times together. *Cue montage of the Mill and its jauntiness in better times – strolling through parks hand-in-hand, tandem bike rides down Yungas Road, writing messages for each other in the sand on Bray beach – soundtracked to one of those terribly touching numbers by James Blunt.* And, what most precious Mill reader, is the source of this sadness? Well, he's gone isn't he? Boo. Hoo.

But while the Mill just can't shrug off its sadness quick snap, Manchester City can. And without so much as a backwards glance, City have already lined up a fresh-from-the-factory, ready-made replacement in the Barcelona striker, David Villa. Roberto Mancini, one redtop "has learned", is so short of strikers following MB's exit that inquiries have already been inquired and contracts are ready to be rushed through the facsimile machine should the Catalans decide that £15m worth of petrodollars is a large enough amount for them to part with the sometime singer.

However, another tabloid "understands" that Arsène Wenger is also in the mood for Villa. Thus, Villa muct choose between a club that are good in training and in matches, wins actual competitions and not just moral battles, and can offer buckets loads of money, or Arsenal. It's a tough one David, but the Mill is sure you will look inside your heart and make the right decision.

/

Other stuff if interested

Peter Crouch has been having such a whale of time up in Stoke these past two years or so that he has decided to stick in his favourite Whitesnake tape and do one 161 miles down the M40 and into the welcoming arms of, well, who else but Harry Redknapp? But Harry can expect a fight from hat-wearing's Tony Pulis. "He's interested in taking Peter to QPR but it ain't going to happen," said Pulis. Now if the sentence ended there, the Mill would admit that Crouchy and his nachos would have to put away that Whitesnake tape for another time and keep on plodding away at Stoke. It doesn't. It continued: "unless any deal is right for both Peter and us." So, there you go, it is 100% definitely going to happen then, once Jamie Mackie says he'll go in the opposite direction. And why wouldn't he? Also going to QPR is Christopher Samba.

It's just humiliating blow after humiliating blow raining down on Stamford Bridge these days, isn't it? They were rejected by the greatest manager, tactician, motivator and human being ever known to man, Pep Guardiola (which is fair enough) but now they can't even tempt a 19-year-old goalkeeper from beggared Birmingham to play for them. Chelsea came a'calling for Jack Butland and Birmingham agreed that a parlay could take place. However, Butland has said that he'd prefer to avoid the blues of the bloated Blues and stay at the bereft Blues.

Speaking of Blues, the bereft ones, not he bloated ones, their former manager who is now the Norwich whiz-bang, Christopher William Gerard "Chris" Hughton, is expected to be beaming from ear to ear some time in the not too distant future after he says goodbye Steve Morison, hello Gary Hooper "AND" Luciano Becchio. The duo could cost anywhere between £8m "AND" £80m. If you reckon that last figure is just a makeyuper by the Mill, you wouldn't be un-wrong.

NipHolmes said:
Great as a loan option till summer but dubious about full transfer unless he's cheap in wages.

15m fee, 150k wages? Nah
Sooner activate Cavanis clause!

How do you know Cavani has such a clause? And even if we activate it it doesnt mean he will sign. He is half way through a potential title winning season with a team that adores him.

I hope we don't sign Villa. Apart from being over priced for his age and injury prone the last thing we need is another striker upfront we can't cross balls in to when we need a change of plan

johnmc said:
NipHolmes said:
Great as a loan option till summer but dubious about full transfer unless he's cheap in wages.

15m fee, 150k wages? Nah

How do you know Cavani has such a clause? And even if we activate it it doesnt mean he will sign. He is half way through a potential title winning season with a team that adores him.

Cavani has a clause of 55m Euro in his newly signed deal last summer.

I don't know, how could I? He's Mancinis adored striker who he's wanted for a few seasons, we are down a striker and he has same agent as Mario and Yaya. Juventus will win title and I'd say Napolis aim is to make sure CL is qualified. They have as much chance of winning title as Chelsea do here.

johnmc said:
NipHolmes said:

15m fee, 150k wages? Nah

Don,t upset the lads when they,re in the transfer tuck shop.

NipHolmes said:

15m fee, 150k wages? Nah

Where did you get those numbers?

I suspect a potential buy-fee would land at about 13mil, and his wages would likely be around the 100k mark, which is as far as I know a little less than what he ears now at Barca. I don't think he'd expect a pay rise.

NipHolmes said:
johnmc said:
NipHolmes said:

15m fee, 150k wages? Nah

Cavani has a clause of 55m Euro in his newly signed deal last summer.

Fact or hearsay?

Matt the Giant said:
r.soleofsalford said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
hope so, this is a guy who can put the ball in the net, something we desperately need.

3 in the last 17 in one of the best teams in the world is hardly gerd Mulleresque

True, but as you know he's been playing out on the wing and his 2013 overall stats says 10 goals in 20 appearances (plus 2 in two for country). Not too bad in my opinion considering he's is a side where everything's supposed to go through Messi.

The way he played at Valencia and for Spain, is exactly what we need in our team and I'm sure he'd be a hit here with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.