Davies Out, Pearce In,Pearce Out, Big Dougie In!

Re: Davies Out, Pearce In. Starting next season. Not Sven.

Pearce did a decent job keeping us in the division while our best players were sold off.

Made a mistake with Samaras, and the football wasnt pretty but he did ok with us IMO. Don't know how many clubs sold the likes of Anelka/SWP, replaced them with free transfers, kids and loans and moved forward playing an attractive brand of football.

Wish him well.

moomba said:
Pearce did a decent job keeping us in the division while our best players were sold off.

Made a mistake with Samaras, and the football wasnt pretty but he did ok with us IMO. Don't know how many clubs sold the likes of Anelka/SWP, replaced them with free transfers, kids and loans and moved forward playing an attractive brand of football.

Wish him well.

Do agree with this to an extent as Keegan had blown the budget and left Pearce with nothing. But watching his performances as manager with the England U-21's as well I really do think he is out of his depth.

Good luck to him though, but I think Forest fans will be brought back down to earth sooner rather than later with this apointment

extremely strange decision making by Forest, they're 2 points off the play-offs with 7 games to go, they needed someone in for 2 months to get them up, if it doesn't work then get a Pearce if you really believe in him, but they could get up and then end up with an inferior manager when they'd have had a much better pool to choose from.

Don't get it.

moomba said:

Wish him well.

Bollocks he was totally and utterly clueless. The only reason we didn't go down is the teams that did were even fucking worse. Not to mention him taking the England U21 job while we still paid his wages like City were something he did on the weekend. The ****. And he missed a penalty that would have gave us the Championship record for goals scored, even though the keeper basically said he'd let it in.

Beermonster said:
Vienna_70 said:
Beermonster said:
Extremely bad choice in my opinion. Been to watch forest home and away a few times as it is where I went to University, so have a bit of an interest in them.

Most of the fans I believe are in favor of getting him in, but apart from the sentimental aspect to it I can't really see why!

He did alright for us for the (8?) games he took over after Keegan left, but the next season was abysmal. I'd agree with the earlier poster that was the worst I can remember and been going for 20 odd years.

I thought Pearce did alright in that first full season. Didn't we equal a club record for an unbeaten run?

It was his second full season - 2006-07 - that things became really dire.

Yeah if i remember correctly there was 8 games left at the end when he took over from Keegan and that was when we nearly got into Europe, but we didn't get the result against Middlesborough - the game David James went upfront!

That was the game Fowler missed the pen was it not ?

kippaxblue76 said:
Beermonster said:
Vienna_70 said:
I thought Pearce did alright in that first full season. Didn't we equal a club record for an unbeaten run?

It was his second full season - 2006-07 - that things became really dire.

Yeah if i remember correctly there was 8 games left at the end when he took over from Keegan and that was when we nearly got into Europe, but we didn't get the result against Middlesborough - the game David James went upfront!

Yep. Cost us a European spot and much needed money.

Kun Aguero said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Beermonster said:

Yep. Cost us a European spot and much needed money.

yep...remember Hasselbaink scoring a screamer of a free kick as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.