Davies Out, Pearce In,Pearce Out, Big Dougie In!

Re: Davies Out, Pearce In, Bring In Sven or Warnock.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
davymcfc said:
Might not be the best manager but not sure why so many city fans show such hatred towards him. Tried his best on a very tight budget. Football was poor but kept us in the division fairly comfortably which was hugely important at the time. I wish him all the best.

I've always liked him. Wanted him to do well at Forest. Just doesn't seem to cut the mustard.
Don't know what he's like with the players, propbably rubs 'em up the wrong way, especially
if he tries to be like his old gaffer Cloughie.

I didn't like the way he took the England U21 job without permission from the club when we were facing a very real possibility of relegation.

davymcfc said:
Might not be the best manager but not sure why so many city fans show such hatred towards him. Tried his best on a very tight budget. Football was poor but kept us in the division fairly comfortably which was hugely important at the time. I wish him all the best.
Football was poor?
Understatement of the year. You're lucky there's only a few days gone. I know of three season ticket holders since the 80s who he managed to kill off.
Fucking charlatan. Forest will suss him out soon.

davymcfc said:
It wasn't fairly comfortable though. In the second half of the 2005/6 season we got 16 points, which is relegation form. The following season we missed relegation by 4 points and only picked up 13 points after New Year's Day. Fortunately we won three consecutive away games after Easter and had we lost one and drawn one of those games, we'd have been relegated.

And while we were fighting for our place in the PL, our manager took the England U-21 job on.

Pearce is the definition of a $h1t manager. Must have a really good agent to get a job anywhere as a manager.

Pearce was dire. A VERY overrated player, just his enthusiasm got him England caps (imo) as we weren't exactly spoilt for choice at LB internationally , were we.

Could you imagine Pearce spunking Thaskin's money up the wall had he stayed. At least Sven invested (some of it) wisely.

Colin Wanker would be a winner at Forest. Should they get promoted, they should sack him immediately, though.

davymcfc said:
....not sure why so many city fans show such hatred towards him...
davymcfc said:
...Football was poor..
Sort of answered your own question there davy. The football was fucking grim. Yes, he had a piss poor budget. So did Horton. Compare and contrast.

chabal said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
davymcfc said:

I've always liked him. Wanted him to do well at Forest. Just doesn't seem to cut the mustard.
Don't know what he's like with the players, propbably rubs 'em up the wrong way, especially
if he tries to be like his old gaffer Cloughie.

I didn't like the way he took the England U21 job without permission from the club when we were facing a very real possibility of relegation.

Bit off i suppose , but we were playing shite and it turned out alright in the end ;-)

jimharri said:
davymcfc said:
....not sure why so many city fans show such hatred towards him...
davymcfc said:
...Football was poor..
Sort of answered your own question there davy. The football was fucking grim. Yes, he had a piss poor budget. So did Horton. Compare and contrast.

Horton still popular at City 20 years on due to some of the grea entertainment, 5-2 Spurs, 3-3 with Saints and Very good Forest team , double at Easter over 4th place Liverpool and Champions elect Blackburn,

Loved his passion but what finished me off with him was playing to only lose 1-0 to the rags at home when we were safe. I saw him bollock Nedum for crossing the halfway line.

blue b4 the moon said:
Loved his passion but what finished me off with him was playing to only lose 1-0 to the rags at home when we were safe. I saw him bollock Nedum for crossing the halfway line.

Refusing to condemn Drogba or linesman at CFC for the handball incident, suspiciously around same time as Sven was told he was leaving England

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.