De Bruyne Alternative?

Personally I still think defensive CM then possibly fullback and/or another striker is the priority and therefore if we are to buy an attacking/creative midfielder, it should be because a really good one is available, rather than it being a priority position for us to fill. KDB fits that bill to a point, providing the price doesn't get too out of hand - he may well be worth £60 mil to utd given how poor their squad looks and how desperate they now are but he's not worth £60M to us, whether we can afford it or not, given that we don't actually need him

I fully agree that Bale seems incredibly unlikely this window, for all the reasons stated by others & more, but IF it were a possibility, I have mixed feelings
On one hand, for not much more than KDB will cost, Bale is only 2 years older and is more proven. He is also more of a statement, will create more of a buzz, help with attracting bigger sponsorship deals, etc, etc. He is also HG which is a big deal and worth a premium

However he is left footed and is played on the right at RM primarily because of Ronaldo. Would he really come here to also play on the right (assuming Sterling on the left and silva in the middle behind Kun) and if he did, he would presumably not hug the lines as much as sterling or navas, as the natural inclination is surely to come infield and so undo some of what has really been working well for us this season, namely pacey wide players stretching the opposition which creates space/time for Kun & Silva

Don't get me wrong, Bale is one of that elite class of player who you effectively must buy if they become available. It's a nice problem to have. And I still doubt how realistic it is. But if you can't get all hypothetical as a fan with 1 week to go in the transfer window, when can you !?!

Personally I still think defensive CM then possibly fullback and/or another striker is the priority and therefore if we are to buy an attacking/creative midfielder, it should be because a really good one is available, rather than it being a priority position for us to fill. KDB fits that bill to a point, providing the price doesn't get too out of hand - he may well be worth £60 mil to utd given how poor their squad looks and how desperate they now are but he's not worth £60M to us, whether we can afford it or not, given that we don't actually need him

I fully agree that Bale seems incredibly unlikely this window, for all the reasons stated by others & more, but IF it were a possibility, I have mixed feelings
On one hand, for not much more than KDB will cost, Bale is only 2 years older and is more proven. He is also more of a statement, will create more of a buzz, help with attracting bigger sponsorship deals, etc, etc. He is also HG which is a big deal and worth a premium

However he is left footed and is played on the right at RM primarily because of Ronaldo. Would he really come here to also play on the right (assuming Sterling on the left and silva in the middle behind Kun) and if he did, he would presumably not hug the lines as much as sterling or navas, as the natural inclination is surely to come infield and so undo some of what has really been working well for us this season, namely pacey wide players stretching the opposition which creates space/time for Kun & Silva

Don't get me wrong, Bale is one of that elite class of player who you effectively must buy if they become available. It's a nice problem to have. And I still doubt how realistic it is. But if you can't get all hypothetical as a fan with 1 week to go in the transfer window, when can you !?!
fullback - we have sagna and kolarov in their best form since theyve been at the club

cm - agree that after toure and fern we're light but what top midfielder is gonna come and sit on the bench

striker - we're fine in ths position. I even think bony will struggle getting games is sergio stays fit. Plus we have kelechi

Would take bale over kdb but I just dont see it happening in million years

An attacking midiilder is crucial imo, sterling joined but we lost milner, jovetic and dzeko. Need an upgrade on navas and nasri imo

They had turned down Chelsea's bid and are not looking to sell the player especially at this stage of the transfer window.

You can't turn down a bid if it meets the release clause. The only way we wouldn't get him if we paid his release clause is if he didn't want to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.