De Bruyne kicking a ball again

A 20 goal and 20 assist player. Ridiculous!

He has to be played as a number 10, gives us so much drive in the centre of the park.

People talk about the announcement of pep coming to city as being the catalyst for city's demise, I would say it was when de bruyne got injured, he was in great form and it coincided with silva taking time to get back to form after injury, if kdb had been there I think he could have taken charge to take the pressure off silva

Having to play with just 1 striker, our no 10 has to be a threat to score as well. Unfortunately Silva is not. KDB on the other hand is. This should be the main reason for KDB to play the no.10 spot. Pep also will play him at that position I think. If you read articles about what he's looking to sign:
1. 2 Full backs
2. 2 Center backs
3. 2 Center Midfielders
4. 1 Winger (L or R)
5. Backup Keeper
6. Backup Striker

There's no mention of a no.10 or an attacking midfielder because we have two of the best out there with KDB and Silva, with KDB being ahead of Silva in terms of starting as a no.10. Muller flourished under Pep in Bayern and I reckon Pep will make KDB flourish as well. KDB is a much better direct-passer than Muller while his finishing ability is on par with Muller. The only thing Muller has over KDB is his heading ability and his non-stop energy. Other than that, we've got ourselves a player here.

A 20 goal and 20 assist player. Ridiculous!

He has to be played as a number 10, gives us so much drive in the centre of the park.
Yep, top quality player who needs to play number 10. Lets build the team around this kid, he's that good.

This guy is ruthless. His quality in the final third of the pitch is unmatched in our team. He can shoot, cross, dribble and thread the eye of a needle.

I agree with playing him as number 10. His direct play and ability to both score and assist outweighs Silva in the same position.

He can do a job out wide but it's not using him to our advantage.

Having to play with just 1 striker, our no 10 has to be a threat to score as well. Unfortunately Silva is not. KDB on the other hand is. This should be the main reason for KDB to play the no.10 spot. Pep also will play him at that position I think. If you read articles about what he's looking to sign:
1. 2 Full backs
2. 2 Center backs
3. 2 Center Midfielders
4. 1 Winger (L or R)
5. Backup Keeper
6. Backup Striker

There's no mention of a no.10 or an attacking midfielder because we have two of the best out there with KDB and Silva, with KDB being ahead of Silva in terms of starting as a no.10. Muller flourished under Pep in Bayern and I reckon Pep will make KDB flourish as well. KDB is a much better direct-passer than Muller while his finishing ability is on par with Muller. The only thing Muller has over KDB is his heading ability and his non-stop energy. Other than that, we've got ourselves a player here.

Müller ist totally different. Yes, both players can assist goals - both can score goals - but that is it. The position behind the striker is another similarity. People tend to judge him wrong - e.g. only see his goals and not that he is one of the consistent assistants in Europe or think that he has technical defiencies just because it sometimes looks a little funny when he does things with his gangly body.

How to describe Müller...
His main aim isn't really his own goals but goals of the team. He influences that with his movement and runs a lot and there is about no goal of Bayern in which he does not have an influence - and when he is not on the pitch Bayern often has real difficulties to score at all. In addition to that he scores or assists a goal about every 75 minutes this seasons in all competitions and it is often the decisive ones or the ones against bigger opponents. So you cannot really measure Müller with the usual parameters. The difficulty with him is that he somehow has shortcomings when you try to give him a strict position and that makes it difficult to find him a position. He does not have the build for a striker, is not fast enough for a winger and does not have the 1vs1 abilities.

In the video the actually took scenes from a match in which he really played as a forward (Bremen) and one of the German national team in which he played winger.

What Müller and de Bruyne have in common? Both are too good to let them out of a starting formation and both have a special mentality and will to perform big and do not give up. I do not know where Pep will play him - but he will.

Pep does not play with a no. 10. Müller plays different roles between the no. 8 and the striker in most of the matches - and the role changes. He has matches in which he barely touches the ball and matches with 60 passes.

What will really change at City is that you will have a lot more ball possession and that will make it more difficult for the attacking players.

Last edited:
Brilliant - not dominant today but a bit of brilliance when it mattered!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.