De Bruyne out for 10 weeks

http://www.ucsfhealth.org/conditions/mcl_tear/treatment.html
Recovery times differ depending on the severity of the injury:
  • A minor, or grade 1, MCL tear can take from a few days to a week and a half to heal sufficiently for you to return to normal activities, including sports.
  • A grade 2 tear can take from two to four weeks to heal.
  • A grade 3 tear usually takes from four to eight weeks to heal, unless it is associated with damage to the ACL, in which case the recovery time may be longer.

Watching the injury back on the highlights he seems to feel it before the awkward landing. Could be completely wrong but I didn't see anything to suggest it was serious before he went down awkwardly. I'm hopeful this is actually just a slight strain that felt worse because of the awkward landing.

If it is a bad injury though, do we go out an replace him in the last few days of the window. If both him and Nasri are missing until at least the last month of the season i think we have to. Silva Sterling and Navas isn't enough and Yaya can't play number 10.

I think he was in pain from the challenge on the other leg before he fell on his knee. Hopefully it looked worse than it was because he was already in agony from the foul. Talkshite reporting it's not as bad as first feared.

ESPNFC stated that Kevin got his boot caught in the mud. Of course, they didn't mention the Everton player arm-barring across Kevin's neck at the same time pulling him backwards. My first impression was a hyper-extended knee. I hope I am right. If it is an MCL, hope it is just a strain versus a tear which would be season-ending. Glad to see that the Everton goalkeeper tweeted his apology for trying to get Kevin up. He didn't realize Kevin was really injured but thought he was just wasting time.

ESPNFC stated that Kevin got his boot caught in the mud. Of course, they didn't mention the Everton player arm-barring across Kevin's neck at the same time pulling him backwards. My first impression was a hyper-extended knee. I hope I am right. If it is an MCL, hope it is just a strain versus a tear which would be season-ending. Glad to see that the Everton goalkeeper tweeted his apology for trying to get Kevin up. He didn't realize Kevin was really injured but thought he was just wasting time.

I agree with this. There was no twisting, whilst not essential, there's usually twisting of the knee if there's any kind of Medial ligament damage.

Nothing bad to say about the keeper either. He thought he was time wasting and stopped as soon as he realised he was in genuine pain.

Only bad news of the night .
Hope it's not too serious .
He made a very big impact tonight .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.