De Bruyne out for 10 weeks

ESPNFC stated that Kevin got his boot caught in the mud. Of course, they didn't mention the Everton player arm-barring across Kevin's neck at the same time pulling him backwards. My first impression was a hyper-extended knee. I hope I am right. If it is an MCL, hope it is just a strain versus a tear which would be season-ending. Glad to see that the Everton goalkeeper tweeted his apology for trying to get Kevin up. He didn't realize Kevin was really injured but thought he was just wasting time.

Judging Kevin on their own MO thought time wasting by this lot would stop once Moyes left seems to be worse now. Everton stopped kicking the ball away every time once they went behind use to be a yellow card but now its accepted

The crack in his knee will be because it got bent at an acute angle. Everybody gets that crunching sound in their knees from time to time. I'd still say it's his medial ligament which has been strained and not the ACL which is the biggie. Looking at a month out tops but we got plenty in reserve with Navas, nacho and Sterling. No probs.

This reminds me of whenever Ageuro is injured. We all look for signs that hes fine or that the injury isnt as bad as we first thought, before inevitably finding out hes out for 6 weeks.

Please be ok, our lovely ginger ninja. lol.

Last edited:
Did you? That's exactly how he got it! What caused him to buckle and get his right foot stuck was the twatting his Achilles was getting from that dirty fucker Funes Mori's studs. The mugging was on his LEFT LEG, and the knee problem is his RIGHT KNEE, from the buckling as he caught his studs and twisted from the ankle to the knee.

It looked like a clear foul to me too.

It is however true that if his foot had come up (rather than being stuck) it probably wouldn't have caused any damage.

Hope he's okay, was excellent to see our play (with Silva, Aguero and KDB on the pitch together) last night and sad if he's out. He seemed okay in the pics that emerged and the fact he didn't need oxygen or anything suggests it might not be ligaments. Hopefully he's only out for a couple of weeks. It will probably be 6 weeks minimum.

I haven't seen anything on TV yet, but there were some nasty challenges going in late on. Navas caught a couple on the touchline.

Navas and Zabaleta are a great double act. Totally dominated Baines on the right hand side 2nd half.

Did Martinez just decide at half time to defend what they had, or did we just improve. They needed one more goal and it would have been very difficult. Key moment was Deulefeu missing that one on one, or Willy saving it. That was their last meaningful attack and it came after what 50 minutes

Currently if he's only out for 8 weeks that will be a huge boost for us because quite frankly when it happened I suspect a lot of people, myself included, felt that was his season over.

Absolutely devastating blow nonetheless with so many games to be played in February (and probably March too if we get past Kiev). Turned the game last night. Provided the one thing which the performance had lacked - END PRODUCT.

If I were City, and the injury is minimum 8 weeks, i'd look at buying a player. Otherwise we could end up falling short in all competitions such is Kev's importance and his impact on the season so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.