De Bruyne out for 10 weeks

Coincidence mistaken for causation. There is nothing wrong with Silva and DeBryune on the pitch at the same time.

It is simply coincidence. DeBryune joined as our injuries were piling up. Aguero, Silva, Kompany and Delph all went down within a 3 week of DeBryune starting.

Silva returned out of form, Bony was sucking. Dihno took a couple of games off, Yaya had a nick, E.t.c. All these chop and change caused our form dip not DeBryune.

If we are being factual, DeBryune and Dihno kept us afloat while the other stars were on the mend and out of form..

Like I have said on many a thread, once Aguero is on form everyone else looks super.

People often claim DeBryune sucks on the road, but statistically he has created 3 fewer chances on the road than he has at home. If there is no Aguero to finish, or terrorize defenses so much that the others have more space to finish, there is little DeBryune can do about that.

On multiple occasions after putting in a deadly cross no one attacks, you can see him pissed and pointing to whoever the mug was who couldn't read the obvious. Bet he was thinking ' fuk, cant wait till Aguero gets back, i should have 40 assists by now." Did it to Bony and Yaya on separate occasions.

Nothing about DeBryune game is antithetical to what Silva does. Both are cerebral, and see plays early. And as an added benefit DeBryune runs into advantageous spaces early. Something Silva loves in players around him. The notion that he is a counter attack player is just silly. He just plays early when the occasion calls. I thought it was interesting on his assist, that Silva had cut towards DeBryune to get a pass and keep building. KDB looked up saw Aguero take a step, and didn't think 2ice. He delivered an early ball, and the rest as they say 'was Wembley.'

DeBryune will make Silva the most feared creator by the time this is all said and done. Just wait till Silva gets his mojo back. It will be game on. Of that I have no doubt. Especially if Aguero stays healthy.

What a fantastic post.

We have to get a player in on loan now, surely?

Can't imagine Pellegrini relying on any of the youngsters for that long.

A big blow and he's going to be a big miss. We'll only survive if this man stays fit in KdB's absense. Please City, no more injuries!

its a blow. No doubt about that. David, Sergio, raheem, Kelechi, wilf, Yaya, Jesus, now need to fill the space left in terms of assists and goals. It's a crying shame be cause he has been one of the players of the PL season so far.

We're screwed. Ten weeks from now is Chelsea at home. Looks like he'll miss villa this weekend, Sunderland away next,Leicester next, spurs, 5th round maybe, both UCL ties, cup final, Liverpool away, villa at home, Norwich away, the derby, quarter final of the cup if we make it, Bournemouth away, west brom away and maybe chelsea at home. RIP season. Silva is off form, lets hope that Nasri is soon back from injury or we can kiss goodbye to any silverware this season bar the league cup.
Silva is showing signs of Silvaesque life. Keep faith.

Fuck.

Let's just hope he can fully recover. A sublime talent who will be sorely missed.

I watched from level 1 last night, for a change, and got an even better impression of how good he is, close up.

A sublime talent.

My mind wandered back to Colin Bell and Paul Lake...

And then this.

Please no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.