De Bruyne Return and Foden

I think we need the box midfield back with one of the defenders pushing in next to Rodri with Foden and De Bruyne ahead of them. Bernardo wide. Phil looks like he's clicked in that central role, I cant see him moving out now as he'll just get better.

There are plenty of games in which Pep can/will use both Foden and KDB as attacking mids behind Haaland. Geuss he's already thinking about possible formations. Imo, he will play Grealish and Bernardo more as midfielders than as wingers then to compensate for Foden's attacking instincts and his inexperience there in comparison to Gundogan.

There are plenty of games in which Pep can/will use both Foden and KDB as attacking mids behind Haaland. Geuss he's already thinking about possible formations. Imo, he will play Grealish and Bernardo more as midfielders than as wingers then to compensate for Foden's attacking instincts and his inexperience there in comparison to Gundogan.

I concur

Phil is the most natural successor for Gundo and David Silva. Not KDB. Kevin remain a mystery and a one in a generation player.

One that you can’t just buy or replace willy nilly.

That’ll be the great challenge of this team once he goes.

The below should have enough to challenge on all fronts. But most importantly to defend at least 2 of the three we got last season.
View attachment 103550
I think we need a experienced natural left back and the team should be perfect. Lewis could train to play both left and right when the situation is needed.

Gvardiol should stay at centre back as that is his natural position. LB and RB should be fit and quick going up and down. Gvardiol is more physically stronger and better at centre back.

De Bruyne I think will take a while before he gets used to playing in the role that he always does.

He prefers 4 3 3 over 4 2 3 1 so he won't be central that much, but depends on what people mean by central.

Idk but Phil has been pretty direct in his post-match interviews of late, saying that centrally is where he wants to play his football. Quite frankly, I think he's sucked it up and played on the wing for the betterment of the team long enough. It's time for him to be a bit selfish, and I think Pep and City owe him as much for his patience. He'd have been playing wherever he wanted on the pitch at 99% of clubs in the world if he weren't at City, or had decided to leave. Just look at what Palmer is doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.