De Bruyne?

It's also possible some German clubs want Bayern successful in Europe to maintain the German coefficient meaning more CL and EL places for the rest of them.

In another alleged interview, he claimed he could understand if KdB wanted to join Bayern, Barca or Real, but not City.
In that context, it's less about Bayern, just his own view of a 'big club', where he's essentially putting down City.
We aren't as big as those three, but we ARE in the PL which is still exciting for many players, and possibly KdB feels he'd like to prove Mourinho was wrong to let him go. We're also showing a real desire for him, which a number of current City stars say was a significant factor in wanting to join us.

Whilst we might not be Bayern, Barca or Real, we ARE bigger than Wolfsburg, and there's no real indication that those other three want him at all, let alone want him as much as we do. There's a firm offer on the table for him, and that Mr Aloffs is why KdB may well move to us. It's not like we are Stoke or anything. We're still one of Europe's top clubs!

Ultimately though, his audience is Wolfsburg fans, and he's going to say what those fans want to hear, and he has to be seen to put up a fight and have a dig at us.

It's also the reality for most clubs in England, but none would actively try to reserve their players for another English club, like this arsehole appears to be doing..

Would you expect Everton's DOF to tell John Stones he shouldn't sign for, say, Atletico Mardid & should stay with the club, but at the same time, basically push him towards signing for Manchester Utd ? This guy is trying to dissuade a player from leaving, not because of the fee, or because he is desperate to keep him at Wolfsburg, but because he wants to save him for Bayern Munich.

It's shameful, is what it is.
I don't know if he really said/meant that. Maybe something got lost i translation. My german is pretty perfect, but i have't seen the original article so i can't comment. Bayern are a pack of wankers, but i wouldn't regard Klaus Allofs as one of them.

Have to agree, the whole way this guy is coming over seems odd...he's not even the manager! Clear boardroom politics.

The last time i buy a VW.

Allofs' suggestion that Bayern may be interested is for no other reason than to push the price up. In reality, the involvement of clubs like Bayern, Barca and Real in transfers usually has the opposite effect. I think clubs understand this and despite the protestations of the likes of Allofs, the people in charge of finances would rather do business with us.

It's like this I believe:
VW owns Wolfsburg.
VW also owns Audi.
Audi owns 9,9% of FC Bayern Munich
Martin Winterkorn is CEO of VW, and chairman of the board of Audi
Martin Winderkorn is also member of board of FC Bayern Munich
Besides this VW is a sponsor of the German version of the FA cup, Audi owns 10% of FC Ingolstadt plus is a heavy sponsor of the club (new in the Bundesliga this season)

So there are surely enough potential for conflict of interest, conspiracy theories, if you like such things.

I think KDB will have to say that he wants to go to us, for this to happen. I would hope he has done that already, and we are just seeing the signs of price negotiations in the press.

It's a weird situation with Germany. The fans get cheap season tickets and the game is very fan friendly but each club is owned/run by major German companies and there will be underhand tactics at play. It's a bit like the Qatari involvement with Barca that clearly stretches beyond shirt sponsorship. There are bigger forces at play which is why it's been vital to get experienced people like Txiki and Ferran involed in the running of the club. They've been there and dunnit and they'll know exactly how to broker big deals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.