De Bruyne?

I'm still told that he definitely informed Wolfsburg of his desire to join us yeterday. Makes his agent's comments in The Guardian today seem odd though, unless he's just playing on cultural/semantic differences between saying you want to leave and formally handing in a transfer request.

Could make sense though, telling the club his desire to leave does not mean he has to hand in a transfer request.

Thanks Ric. I get I then, so now he's formally requested it allows Wolfsburg to say the player wants out. Any idea if we'll have to bid again?
Have they ever admitted we bid in the first place? Maybe they've just been sitting on it waiting for De Bruyne to make the request?

I have no idea honestly.

Edit: Also what did his agent say? I've missed it.

I'm still told that he definitely informed Wolfsburg of his desire to join us yeterday. Makes his agent's comments in The Guardian today seem odd though, unless he's just playing on cultural/semantic differences between saying you want to leave and formally handing in a transfer request.

I think that's it. Looks like anything could still happen with this one now though. I imagine that behind the scenes there is a lot of pressure on KDB. We can only see our side, might be that Wolfsburg are 95% confident of keeping him with a little help from Bayern!

De Bruyne's agent has been bending over backwards to please Wolfsburg - maybe he has other clients there - but his silence in the light of their disrespectful abuse is culpable.

My 2 cents:
If it is true that Wolfsburg has set a price of 57 million pounds, then at least KDB will have indicated to them that he will prefer to leave. He may not have handed in a formal transfer request, but at least given the indication. Otherwise it would be very easy for Wolfsburg to completely refuse to discuss any price.
So I think there is still leverage left in this saga.
Now, we have to remember that also KDB has a monetary interest in this transfer. If it does not happen, and he stays with Wolfsburg, he may be happy, but he will loose at least the wage increase we offer, and he will run the risk that a transfer of this magnitude will never be possible for him again in the future. His agent will also loose. Why he would not hand in an official transfer request (if indeed this is the case) we don't know, but for sure he will also be sweating as the transfer windows approaches the end.
Wolfsburg will also have reasons to want this transfer, sooner rather than later. They may want to replace KDB, so if the transfer happens is should be as soon as possible for them. They also do not want an unhappy player if the transfer fails, and finally also they must be asking themselves, if they can achieve the same price in the future (remember they have said they do not expect KDB to see out his contract).
For City, I think the worst that can happen is that we simply pay the 57 million. By playing the waiting game however there is the possibility that KDB looses his nerves and forces the move (which would also probably reduce the price), or Wolfsburg loose their nerves and reduce the price.
A general question is off course whether City is willing to pay 57 million. I suspect this is well above the valuation, and that City therefore really is not prepared to do it. If we pay, it will cost in all future transfers, as everyone will up the price extra when City comes along. So it is just not the few millions more for KDB that are at stake here.

P.S. the same arguments can be applied to the Pogba saga, and therefore I am thinking that this may not completely dead either.

I think you all are somehow funny...

De Bruyne has a contract until 2019 and he is in a club that has big goals and needs him - and does not need money.

And there is no value in the market to replace him for money...

I think you all are somehow funny...

De Bruyne has a contract until 2019 and he is in a club that has big goals and needs him - and does not need money.

And there is no value in the market to replace him for money...

They might have to match our wages then.

Agreed, mate. I'm not too worried, I think this will get over the line. Txiki's arse is on the line to get these big deals done, he won't let it get away. As for the Chelsea game, we'll just have to wait until Stamford Bridge ;)
There is still time, as long as he's registered before 12pm Friday he can play at the weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.