De Bruyne?

Yes but he had a hard time in England, and Manchester is not a good town to live, to say that atleast. Maybe he is speculating about his next move next Year? I would love him here , but if No fine, get another Player ( Midfield)
WTF are you on about? He's hardly going to live in Moss Side is he!

I'm still told that he definitely informed Wolfsburg of his desire to join us yeterday. Makes his agent's comments in The Guardian today seem odd though, unless he's just playing on cultural/semantic differences between saying you want to leave and formally handing in a transfer request.

I'm certain it's just semantics, Ric and it's almost certain he's told them of his desire to leave.

Yes but he had a hard time in England, and Manchester is not a good town to live, to say that atleast. Maybe he is speculating about his next move next Year? I would love him here , but if No fine, get another Player ( Midfield)
Manchester is infinitely nicer than Wolfsburg which is basically a city for employees of Volkswagen and factorys.

I think you all are somehow funny...

De Bruyne has a contract until 2019 and he is in a club that has big goals and needs him - and does not need money.

And there is no value in the market to replace him for money...

The contract means nothing other than the fact he will cost a lot if we want to buy him.
The club has goals, I wouldn't say they're big. Their realistic options are to fight for the Bundesliga and cups and hope Bayern don't buy any of their best players. Any player that does well at a club other than Bayern, in Germany normally ends up there anyway. De Bruyne is definitely a player Bayern would consider in a year or so, but I'm sure you'd think a move to Bayern was a no brainer for him.

City have a better chance of success domestically and in Europe. If we agree with Kevin about coming to City then we just need to meet Wolfsburg's demands. If they play hardball then Kevin will have to try and force through the move. He's not stupid, he'll know that the chances of winning the league are slim where he is. Whatever goals they might have, £50m would help them to achieve them still. They haven't got a very strong squad by any means.

I think you both need to look at this from City's perspective. It's undeniable that City are in deep negotiations with both Wolfsburg, and De Bruyne, regarding a transfer. Why would this be if Wolfsburg needed the player, didn't want to sell, and couldn't find an adequate replacement? Equally, why would this be the case if De Bruyne hadn't indicated, pretty strongly, that he desired a move to City?

It seems pretty clear that, for City to have been involved in this deal for the length of time they have been, that we have received the steer from both the players camp, and the Wolfsburg camp, that there is a desire to let this deal happen. Stating that Wolfsburg won't sell, or that they won't sell if De Bruyne doesn't hand in a transfer request, is simply ignoring what must have been discussed behind closed doors. Simply put, there's no way City would still be involved in this deal if we hadn't been told there was a very good chance of it happening.
How do you know we are still in for him?

It was looking likely a few days ago, but the prospects of a deal are fast receding - judging by the reports that he is not going to submit a transfer request - seen as key a few days ago.

Can't say I am too bothered about this one. If we're going to spend £50m on a player we can only do it so many times. As long as the commitment is there to buy the best available players it will happen, but maybe not with this player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.