De Bruyne?

TBF you can't blame a player for not handing in transfer requests. What happened to the old days of we want him so we'll bid. It seems to be frowned upon now for a player to NOT upset the apple cart. He's looking after no.1, if this goes tits up he'll need to still be on good terms with all connected to Wolfsburg.

Maybe he reads the Liverpool Echo and saw the Sterling show!

Aaaarrgghhhh... :-)

As you can tell more of a reader on here than poster. I was simply replying to Forevermancity about the shackles being off, I guess that my post got my point across either way. ot even sure what the URL was
That url doesn't work mate.

The danger now is that the price will be forced above the Business Plan maximum by WFC. This is probably being probed by WFC by gradual increases to find out this maximum otherwise they would slap an £80m price on him now.

Our negotiators have a maximum they feel he is worth and also a maximum that FFP will allow in the Business Plan Mr K. agreed with our owner so any changes would need a BP change as well which takes time as well.

Alternatively we have not yet made a bid and no news is good news.

About here

stuck-roller-coaster.jpg

Yeah, sounds about right unfortunately!

FWIW: I'm still fairly confident, there's absolutely no way we were banking on a transfer request, especially if, reports are true, we've been negotiations since that cup. Besides, maybe all it'd take is wolfsburg asking him 'If city bid enough, would you want to go?' and for him to say 'yes' and now they're just waiting for the right amount.

Have they responded to our latest bid yet?

People act like this is Monopoly money. Soriano's job is to ensure that the club becomes able to 'wash its own face' financially. People have this impression that The Sheikh is happy to use City as a money disposal unit, but the reason he is one of the world's wealthiest men is that he knows how to keep his money and make more from it.

This is all part of that, so all you 'just pay the money' merchants, as well as being utterly naive about business, are also being critical of The Sheikh and Khaldoon for showing a modicum of financial prudence. Given the hundreds and hundreds of millions already spent, I think The Sheikh deserves a bit of slack for trying to run the club as a proper business rather than the 'plaything' that our detractors love to suggest.

sone of this thread is horrible in its binary thinking and angry ignorance.
I disagree with you there tbh, we are in a position where we are funding de bruyne with the money we have raised as a football club, for the sake of 2/3 million I don't think he gives that much a shit, as long as we buy the best players and compete for the best silverware

People act like this is Monopoly money. Soriano's job is to ensure that the club becomes able to 'wash its own face' financially. People have this impression that The Sheikh is happy to use City as a money disposal unit, but the reason he is one of the world's wealthiest men is that he knows how to keep his money and make more from it.

This is all part of that, so all you 'just pay the money' merchants, as well as being utterly naive about business, are also being critical of The Sheikh and Khaldoon for showing a modicum of financial prudence. Given the hundreds and hundreds of millions already spent, I think The Sheikh deserves a bit of slack for trying to run the club as a proper business rather than the 'plaything' that our detractors love to suggest.

sone of this thread is horrible in its binary thinking and angry ignorance.

Exactly this. We are trying to negotiate deals professionally and with due financial prudence. If we just lobbed whatever amount was asked at every seller we encountered, we'd become a laughing stock with people trying to take the piss non-stop. Doing business would become almost impossible in the long run.

The fact is this summer we have had the misfortune to come up against two clubs, who for historical reasons, in the case of Liverpool, and moral reasons, in the case of Wolfsburg (the German media and Bundesliga in general is packed with people who view us with disdain - a club that has only existed since 2009 and which vulgarly prevents grand old gentlemen of the game like the rags, the Arse and Candlepool from taking their rightful place at the Chimps League trough), have a vested interest in portraying us as grubby, nouveau-riche spendaholics. We are in the process of relieving both of those clubs of their best players, and they will want to extort every last cent they can from us, to afford them the moral high ground, to enable their fans to snicker about how much money they've screwed out of us, and so on and so on, and there are people on here seemingly content to facilitate that by demanding we just pay whatever's asked and ranting at our supposed incompetence when we (quite rightly) don't.

Txixi has the misfortune to have to try and negotiate with these cnuts, and I can only imagine that it's a very difficult task. A little more support and a little less sniping wouldn't go amiss.

Last edited:
Do you realise how ridiculous that is ?

Read back what you posted, & think about it.

No I'm fairly clear that he isn't and won't be anywhere need as good as Hazard, nor do I think he will be as anywhere near as good as Sterling will be. I hope we don't buy him, as I feel it would be better to buy Pedro and Pogba.

The danger now is that the price will be forced above the Business Plan maximum by WFC. This is probably being probed by WFC by gradual increases to find out this maximum otherwise they would slap an £80m price on him now.

Our negotiators have a maximum they feel he is worth and also a maximum that FFP will allow in the Business Plan Mr K. agreed with our owner so any changes would need a BP change as well which takes time as well.

Alternatively we have not yet made a bid and no news is good news.
Fuck me surely we've made a bid of some description.
I can't get my head round the fact that every man and his dog knows we're after him, everybody apart from our fuckin CEO and theirs.
I'm losing the will to live with this transfer I really am.

The shackles aren't off, at all. The penalties are no longer in place, but ffp is, which means there is a limit on how much we can spend on both transfers & wages.

Somehow, a percentage of people on here seem to know that we can spend whatever we want. I have no idea how they have found out this information, because I try to keep myself informed on this kind of thing & I don't have a fucking clue about it.

All I do know is that the shackles are most definitely not off, at all.
This 100%. A bit of sanity on this thread at last,
We simply can't complete this deal at any cost, we have to set a limit on how far we are prepared to go.

The guy isn't Messi, when all said & done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.