De Bruyne?

It's about as much consideration as anyone moaning about the money spent by City, deserves.

If that attitude ever becomes the majority, then we are basically rags in blue.

And you my friend are talking bollocks.I have supported this club for 47 years and i was there in the old second[in effect the third] division standing getting piss wet through,watching us get tonked by some mediocre side, in some shitehole of a ground and getting the piss taken out of us by the local inbreds.

Those days are thankfully gone and like it or lump it we ARE the richest club in the world and some of us want to see us competing worldwide at the very top and winning a shed load of trophies before we shed off this mortal coil.We will NEVER be rags in Blue due to that misery and grounding we all endured and in spite of the laughs along the way it was on the whole fucking misery! Now you and some others might still want to stand there in sack cloth and ashes saying,''At least we are not rags,we have the right attitude!'' but some of us want some joy and sunshine in our lives,we have on the whole fucking earned it with big shiny bells on! If spending a lot of money to watch the top players in sky blue and wanting to see us win trophies makes us rags then i have news for you....we already are,or you have fallen asleep and missed the last seven years!

Well seeing as we are the end of another week and fuck all has happened I suppose everyone will be talking about the beginning of next week, then the end of the week and so on. :-)

Exactly this. We are trying to negotiate deals professionally and with due financial prudence. If we just lobbed whatever amount was asked at every seller we encountered, we'd become a laughing stock with people trying to take the piss non-stop. Doing business would become almost impossible in the long run.

The fact is this summer we have had the misfortune to come up against two clubs, who for historical reasons, in the case of Liverpool, and moral reasons, in the case of Wolfsburg (the German media and Bundesliga in general is packed with people who view us with disdain - a club that has only existed since 2009 and which vulgarly prevents grand old gentlemen of the game like the rags, the Arse and Candlepool from taking their rightful place at the Chimps League trough), have a vested interest in portraying us as grubby, nouveau-riche spendaholics. We are in the process of relieving both of those clubs of their best players, and they will want to extort every last cent they can from us, to afford them the moral high ground, to enable their fans to snicker about how much money they've screwed out of us, to indirectly ramp up the pressure on the game's governing bodies (via the press) for something to be 'done' about our ridiculous spending, and so on and so on, and there are people on here seemingly content to facilitate that by demanding we just pay whatever's asked and ranting at our supposed incompetence when we (quite rightly) don't.

Txixi has the misfortune to have to try and negotiate with these cnuts, and I can only imagine that it's a very difficult task. A little more support and a little less sniping wouldn't go amiss.

I think Txiki has had major doubts and the media have put more emphasis on him being a major target than our leadership has.
Is there something wrong with you??

No I'm not buying the hype for a player like KDB, I have watched enough of Pedro, KDB and Hazard to confirm I would rather have Hazard, or Pedro, especially if the buy out clause for Pedro is really that low.

normally wholeheartedly agree with you on every subject but your blind faith in txiki I just cannot understand. Understand that its not as easy as people make out but surely we should be more slick in the market, he seems to be stumbling from problem to problem whilst we get mugged off in public. Sterling- he did a good job on albeit paying liverpools asking price

People (not specifically you) make these comments on Txiki's performance - yet they do not know the brief he has been given by Soriano and Khaldoon. Yes it will certainly have aspects of securing top players, but I guess that it will also include securing a professional reputation and this being demonstrated in how we do business. Why should the Sheik, Khaldoon - or any one at the club - and this includes fans - want to be sneered at as some thick lottery winner that can be mugged off because they know no better. The club is becoming increasingly professional in all areas - and it is time that we made transfer dealings the same.

And who actually can evidence poor performance by Txiki in this KDB affair - the comments made on here are so banal. He has likely spent months preparing the ground through the agent and thereby getting the player onside, then choosing the right time to approach the club - he is perhaps better qualified than anyone on here to determine when that should be.

Of course the selling club were always going to play hard-ball. What would have happened if we had gone in straight away with £50m - they would have accepted?? I doubt it - more like they would have thought "lets milk the chavs for £75m" - and there would have been some crass negotiation settling on £60mish.

I think that Ric is right and we are likely to end up with a settlement between that offered and that requested - has anyone actually thought to give Txiki credit for therefore getting the starting point of expectation lower so that the eventual settling point is lower?

I may be wrong but i think he can go if he wants if a club offers 50 million so the price shouldn't in effect go up.

I am never one for criticising txiki but I'm not sure why it's taking so long. I'd say he's gone about our transfer activity this summer in a very good way but if we have gone public with a bid I think it's ridiculous to let the saga drag on even longer, For the sake of a couple of million just sign the fucker regardless of what may or may not have been previously agreed, because every summer we get the same "we will get our business done early this time" and then talks stall and we get our man for an inflated fee anyway (mangala for example) so when it comes to a player like de bruyne, just snap him up so he can settle asap rather than bringing him in after two premier league games have already been played

No I'm fairly clear that he isn't and won't be anywhere need as good as Hazard, nor do I think he will be as anywhere near as good as Sterling will be. I hope we don't buy him, as I feel it would be better to buy Pedro and Pogba.
But Pedro is never going to be as good as Hazard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.