De Bruyne?

Agree with a few other posters here in that I think this deal is done and he's the surest bet among all of our summer dealings.

Likely it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I can't shake feeling that all of our main business is signed, sealed and ready to be delivered next week as we turn the calendar page over.

1) De Bruyne: for a youngster as talented and ascendant as this to not have more than one suitor splashed about the tabloids is the most telling aspect for me. I feel like City have a clear run here.
2) Sterling: another clear run for City. I don't buy the tabloid fodder about Spain or Chelsea. Months ago our manager went public with his admiration for the player, this wasn't idle chatter, the process had begun well before that. Liverpool realized that young Raheem had his head turned and that they would have to sell him to City, but they've done everything in their power to make it a miserable transition for the lad (and the buying team). We're paying dearly for him, but if we get the best 7-10 years of England's next-biggest-thing, then the 45-50M is a drop in the bucket.
3) Pogba: PSG is lurking but was reportedly turned down already. Barca and their newspapers want him bad, but they lack a president and are under a ban until January... it would be difficult to see a winning bid of near 100M euros come under those circumstances. Real went to the unprecedented step of publically, in writing , declaring their lack of interest in a player... i doubt that the Sheikh's funding of their stadium had anything whatsoever to do with that, no-siree-bob.
The lad needs to play at the highest level in league and tourney. In a comfortable environment that he knows. With players, coaches and facilities that will help him reach his best level of play. With a team that can afford his transfer fee and wages.
And Mino will want at least one more big money transfer from his prized client. If he went to Spain now, that diminishes somewhat.

Or I may just be wearing blue tinted glasses.

Great post. This sums up my feelings on all three perfectly. Hopefully we'll start to see movement before preseason starts.

I don't think our attacking midfielders have scored enough goals in the last few seasons (apart from Silva last season). Nasri, Milner, Jovetic and Navas haven't scored enough.

De Bruyne will change that. Ruthless in the final third.

Would love to think that the 'done dealers' are right, but won't the asking fee be astronomical. And particularly in light of Firminio's fee?

Likely it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I can't shake feeling that all of our main business is signed, sealed and ready to be delivered next week as we turn the calendar page over.

1) De Bruyne: for a youngster as talented and ascendant as this to not have more than one suitor splashed about the tabloids is the most telling aspect for me. I feel like City have a clear run here.
2) Sterling: another clear run for City. I don't buy the tabloid fodder about Spain or Chelsea. Months ago our manager went public with his admiration for the player, this wasn't idle chatter, the process had begun well before that. Liverpool realized that young Raheem had his head turned and that they would have to sell him to City, but they've done everything in their power to make it a miserable transition for the lad (and the buying team). We're paying dearly for him, but if we get the best 7-10 years of England's next-biggest-thing, then the 45-50M is a drop in the bucket.
3) Pogba: PSG is lurking but was reportedly turned down already. Barca and their newspapers want him bad, but they lack a president and are under a ban until January... it would be difficult to see a winning bid of near 100M euros come under those circumstances. Real went to the unprecedented step of publically, in writing , declaring their lack of interest in a player... i doubt that the Sheikh's funding of their stadium had anything whatsoever to do with that, no-siree-bob.
The lad needs to play at the highest level in league and tourney. In a comfortable environment that he knows. With players, coaches and facilities that will help him reach his best level of play. With a team that can afford his transfer fee and wages.
And Mino will want at least one more big money transfer from his prized client. If he went to Spain now, that diminishes somewhat.

Excellent post and not just for the potential outcome. I don't think they're all over the line yet (Sterling is as good as, IMO), but we're not only a team in a genuine position to offer victory in all competitions entered, we're swinging the biggest dick this summer by a long chalk. No-one else wants to know at the prices we're offering it seems.

well put my friend I hope your right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.