De Bruyne?

The way our 'bids' are dragging on and with the growing belief that we have lost out on Pogba after all the promises of bank busting squad rebuilding, then I have to revert back to my old cynicism and to ask if we really did put in any serious offers for anyone, or was it a ploy to sell more season tickets to back up stadium expansion? Whatever it is, events seem to be moving at a speed that would have made Brian Marwood look like Lewis Hamilton.

The way our 'bids' are dragging on and with the growing belief that we have lost out on Pogba after all the promises of bank busting squad rebuilding, then I have to revert back to my old cynicism and to ask if we really did put in any serious offers for anyone, or was it a ploy to sell more season tickets to back up stadium expansion? Whatever it is, events seem to be moving at a speed that would have made Brian Marwood look like Lewis Hamilton.

Inappropriate user name.

What makes you think we've lost out on Pogba? Is he off to Barcelona? Is it the fact that they don't have a President and therefore are unable to meet with agents and players or make any signings? Is it the fact they don't want to meet his wage demands?

As for Sterling and De Bruyne, should we be rushing into signing these players? When no one else is trying to buy them? Should we still just throw the cash at Liverpool and Wolfsburg? Or should we take our time and quietly negotiate deals? Just to let you know, it was Liverpool that leaked the news of our first two bids to the press. We don't work like that and many other clubs will be happy to quietly agree things as well.

I don't remember Liverpool making a bid for Firmino. It certainly wasn't all over the English media. It was back and forth between them and the rags. Then all of a sudden the press report that he's signed...

What makes you think we've lost out on Pogba? Is he off to Barcelona? Is it the fact that they don't have a President and therefore are unable to meet with agents and players or make any signings? Is it the fact they don't want to meet his wage demands?

As for Sterling and De Bruyne, should we be rushing into signing these players? When no one else is trying to buy them? Should we still just throw the cash at Liverpool and Wolfsburg? Or should we take our time and quietly negotiate deals? Just to let you know, it was Liverpool that leaked the news of our first two bids to the press. We don't work like that and many other clubs will be happy to quietly agree things as well.

I don't remember Liverpool making a bid for Firmino. It certainly wasn't all over the English media. It was back and forth between them and the rags. Then all of a sudden the press report that he's signed...

Brilliant answer.

Plus, why would we want to hoodwink our fans with fake bids ?? Season tkts!!!

Nonsense.

We are the future.

Keep faith.

Please no... I mean why would he stay at Wolfsburg instead of coming to City? Its not like he is going to sit on the bench all the time here either.

This sounds like it could go on for a while....unless they just saying this to push the price up?

Bundesliga Spotlight‏@BundesligaSpot2m2 minutes ago
Klaus Allofs: "Kevin de Bruyne has a contract with us until 2019. He will stay with us." #WOB #MCFC

This sounds like it could go on for a while....unless they just saying this to push the price up?

Bundesliga Spotlight‏@BundesligaSpot2m2 minutes ago
Klaus Allofs: "Kevin de Bruyne has a contract with us until 2019. He will stay with us." #WOB #MCFC

That will always be the clubs position. De Bruyne was Bundesliga player of the season, he knows he's a wanted man and he will want a better contract. He's rightly shown loyalty to the club by agreeing to sit down and view that contract but if it isn't where he wants it to be (and the murmurings are that it won't be) then he will be happy to listen to offers elsewhere. Wolfsburg can try and keep him, we'll have to pay up so we can speak to the player. But I strongly believe De Bruyne is keen to move to City, I think Kompany and Denayer will have been in his ear quite strongly about joining us.

If it's true then balls to him, we move on, hopefully to something better like we did in 2011, ala Kun & Alexis.

Until it's official, however, we wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.