De Bruyne?

Brilliant answer.

Plus, why would we want to hoodwink our fans with fake bids ?? Season tkts!!!

Nonsense.

We are the future.

Keep faith.

Many clubs do come out with bold statements to increase season ticket sales and of course we are in a position where we need more season ticket holders as we've an increased capacity. City have done what they said they would though. They've built a new academy, expanded the south stand and they want to challenge on the pitch and add some youth and pace. There's nothing to say we will actually buy our main targets, but we mean business and we'll do everything we can to get them. Txiki will have been working on potential transfers most of this calendar year, the fact is that we're after players with big reputations and deals are never easy.

The way our 'bids' are dragging on and with the growing belief that we have lost out on Pogba after all the promises of bank busting squad rebuilding, then I have to revert back to my old cynicism and to ask if we really did put in any serious offers for anyone, or was it a ploy to sell more season tickets to back up stadium expansion? Whatever it is, events seem to be moving at a speed that would have made Brian Marwood look like Lewis Hamilton.

Im skeptical about a bank busting transfer off season too. I cant see us getting our main targets but one thing makes me think nothing is done and dusted yet - and thats the fact that the transfer window isnt even open yet!!!
Were also talkig about potential world record transfers. Im not in any way convinced that we will sign all these massive names but as I said - the window doesnt even open until tomorrow. For all we know, 9am tomorrow morning and we'll see players lined up holding city shirts.

Im skeptical about a bank busting transfer off season too. I cant see us getting our main targets but one thing makes me think nothing is done and dusted yet - and thats the fact that the transfer window isnt even open yet!!!
Were also talkig about potential world record transfers. Im not in any way convinced that we will sign all these massive names but as I said - the window doesnt even open until tomorrow. For all we know, 9am tomorrow morning and we'll see players lined up holding city shirts.

July 1st isn't all that important a date, its just for registrations. Take a look at all the signings already done by our rivals.

July 1st isn't all that important a date, its just for registrations. Take a look at all the signings already done by our rivals.
This. I don't understand why we leave things like transfers, club and player announcements, kit launches etc alot later than our rivals are doing. I just don't see the logic in it, unless we're giving nothing away til around the time pre season starts.

This. I don't understand why we leave things like transfers, club and player announcements, kit launches etc alot later than our rivals are doing. I just don't see the logic in it, unless we're giving nothing away til around the time pre season starts.
Our rivals, namely Chelsea, haven't bought anybody yet either.

Havent they signed falcao and that nathan?

I understand there's no rush but i'd say it would be good to introduce new players to the squad before pre season starts imo

I think the answer is that we've not been able to sign the players yet. Either we're in a position where we've got them pretty much done and will announce in time for pre-season, or we're not quite at the stage to finalise deals. These are big deals with huge sums of money so they do take time. We won't be sat back with our feet up, we'll want the players in as soon as possible but it doesn't always work that you can bring them in quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.