De Bruyne?

Considering we are offering a lot of money and his rise as a player has been very quick, 12 months ago no City fan was saying we need to sign him.

But the more Wolfsburg fight and knowing there preference is to keep the player and not take the money shows how good he must be. It is like Real wanting Silva or Aguero we would want the club to do everything to keep them regardless if they offered in excess of what would be deemed a fair value, as we know ultimately the money would not replace what they do for the team. I think he will be an absolute gem of a player and I really hope we get this one over the line be it today or transfer deadline day we need to get this guy!!

Considering we are offering a lot of money and his rise as a player has been very quick, 12 months ago no City fan was saying we need to sign him.

But the more Wolfsburg fight and knowing there preference is to keep the player and not take the money shows how good he must be. It is like Real wanting Silva or Aguero we would want the club to do everything to keep them regardless if they offered in excess of what would be deemed a fair value, as we know ultimately the money would not replace what they do for the team. I think he will be an absolute gem of a player and I really hope we get this one over the line be it today or transfer deadline day we need to get this guy!!

I was thinking exactly this. When you consider how much Wolfsburg paid for him & how much profit they stand to make, then the fact they would probably only get one season out of him before selling him to the German rags for less money, then the fact that they haven't snapped our hand off already & used the cash to strengthen, shows how much they value him.

It's the part I never get, I do understand the VW/ Audi connections that people mention but I would still expect on a sporting level that they would want to be competitive. Dortmund gave it a go but due to release claus and bosman still lost 2 of their best players. The Premier League is the most exciting league because in the top 3-4 do not sell to each other (I don't think now the stadium is paid you could now get Sanchez of Arsenal as I know before they did sell) even outside that Liverpool fought to hold onto Sterling and Spurs do not make it easy). In Spain the top 2 cherry pick and 1 of those teams can pick from the 3rd place team. In Germany they have now created one all star squad using all the best players from the other teams, what does it need to change this Bayern winning 10 league titles on the trot and TV money to reduce as fans get bored, I actually feel it has also made Bayern less of a force in Europe as the league is not competitive and there intensity goes after they have wrapped up around the latter knock out rounds and it has been shown in the last couple of seasons.

Fingers crossed this season it is us and KDB knocking them out at quater/ semi stage leaving them nothing but 8 dead rubber games at the end of the season as their league has already been wrapped up.

I think the German rags is a very apt name for them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.