De Bruyne?

what is it you suspect we're actually doing wrong though? Do you think we're willfully dragging this out?

If PSG came in and tried to buy aguero off us, do you think that would be wrapped up in a week? When a club tries to buy another club's best player, and that club doesn't need the money, they dont just hand them over. I don't think there's really any amount of money that would make it worth our while to let him to go, as he's so integral to our success. Wolfsburg probably feel the same and if we get this over the line at any point before the window closes then we'll have done well.

I keep seeing a lot of people saying things like "just offer 50m and tell them we're walking away in 24hrs." As though Wolfsburg should be somehow grateful. I expect there's nothing they'd love more than for us to walk away from the deal!

Players good enough to improve a squad as good as ours are few and far between. Their clubs will rarely want to let them go and often there'll be more attractive clubs than ours in the mix. Most of our future acquisitions are going to keep dragging out like this.

I know what you are saying but my point is we know we are going to get slapped so lets get on with it.

I know for a fact (and i mean concrete) that the Angel Di Maria deal to PSG for €63m was done a full 2.5 weeks before it was announced.

Ric can back this up as I sent him an email with the fact that it was done AND the precise fee (I couldn't post it myself as I was in the naughty corner).

No reason at all that the KDB deal couldn't already be tied up (even if I don't think it is).

You couldnt make the last 24 hours of this saga up.
I was in hysterics following this thread last night. That simpson GIF was the one of the best posts on here for a long time.
Only City have transfers with this much drama, this one comes close to KakaGate.
HE SAID YES ! (I Miss Ajay)

What happened last night then? Got a text from my cousin saying De Bruyne has said he's staying at Wolfsburg and then shortly afterwards a "actually, it's still on". Lots of flapping and ITK baiting?

I know what you are saying but my point is we know we are going to get slapped so lets get on with it.

It's not the case though.

We got Sterling for some 6 mil less than Liverpool were asking. And in this case, it seems to be Wolfsburg who are fucking about irrespective of the price. If we had offered more initially, imo we would just get fucked about the same, but with a higher starting figure, same with Liverpool for that matter. Offer them 49 mil to start & we would end up paying 55.

In every deal involving City, there seems to be this element of people accusing us of fucking about, yet you look around & most similar deals are going along the same lines or worse.

The rag app on my iPhone lit up like a Xmas tree last night, they were beside themselves with glee, took about an hour of replys to shut the cunts up.

Ok. For argument's sake let's say that the fee that will be enough to get him is 50m.

Wolfsburg's preferred outcome remains to keep the player, but if their hand is forced, they'll take 50m.

The window shuts at the end of this month and in Wolfsburg's position, I would be spending that time doing everything I could to keep him. Even if that 50m is there on the table, they dont need to accept it right now. They know we want him and won't go away (but hey, if we do, that's a bonus).

In their position, id be spending between now and September doing everything I could to persuade him to stay. Maybe prepare a new contract, maybe try and convince him that if he stays with Wolfsburg one more year, he could be the main man at Bayern in 12 months. If it doesn't work, then they'll grudgingly take the cash.

In short, I'm not sure that offering the final asking price (which we may have already done) would make the deal happen any quicker.

What happened last night then? Got a text from my cousin saying De Bruyne has said he's staying at Wolfsburg and then shortly afterwards a "actually, it's still on". Lots of flapping and ITK baiting?
To put the flapping into context, by the time you had read a page on here, 6 pages had been added, universal fanny flapping.

Flapping, meltdown, accusations, animosity, humour, gifs, blind panic, relief, backtracking .......what a fantastic hour that was!

If Bluemoon lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, this was their finest hour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.