De Bruyne?

To counter that mate Sagna was class at Arsenal and has been nothing but consistent when playing for us. Zaba is one my favourite players but last year he wasn't even playing to 80% of his best, think he had a complacent year, it may of been tiredness from the World Cup but it was a dip in form nevertheless. A challenge for his position may force him to up his game, so its great for the club, but if both were fit right now and we had to choose between end of last season Zab and start of this season Sagna, then Sagna would be starting @ Everton.
Did you actually say consistent, I believe your right, consistently poor. Zab needs a bit of competition and from sagna's first games he's got it, but the warrior that is zabaleta will get the call against Everton imho

I didn't for one minute say he was untouchable, I said two good games doesn't make a right back, forget his games for the muppets, he played for us last season and was shit, to say the least

Think I'm in a minority but I don't think Sagna was any worse than Zaba last year. He struggled to play with Navas early on but certainly don't think he deserves the stick he gets. Quality right back.

Wooah De Bruyne eyes goal, woah De Bruyne score goal.

Tune - Brown Eyed Girl

Artist - Van Morrison

No further entries required.

I had an idea pages back that will give that a run for your money.

"Insane in the membrane, insane in De Bruyne!"

Think I'm in a minority but I don't think Sagna was any worse than Zaba last year. He struggled to play with Navas early on but certainly don't think he deserves the stick he gets. Quality right back.

I thought he looked disinterested to be honest.

I'm not sure whether he's decided this isn't just a last pay packet for riding the bench and actually wants to win stuff so is reinvigorated.

Or whether he just needed a string of games to get some match sharpness back and I was way too critical last year.

Either way I think he should play against Everton. Zabaleta needs as much rest as possible because he's not able to play at his best for 45 games a season now he's the wrong side of 30.

Better to keep Sagna playing while he's in great form and let Zabaleta recover 100% from the summer as opposed to bringing Zabaleta back and then resting him when he's knackered in February and Sagna has barely played for 7 months.

I agree pal,Sagna performed just fine when called upon last season.In fairness,Pellegrini's decision to chop and change the defence every other game hardly helped any of our players.
Hopefully another lesson permanently learned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.