De Bruyne?

CM7saXRWwAAbuN0.jpg

World class!!!

Logically, you would think that Wolfsburg wouldn't risk playing him tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if he does play though, but that's just a hunch. They are reluctant sellers, and he is still technically their player at the moment.

I guess it's how far we can progress things today. As you say Wolfsburg will probably love to have him play and pick up an injury to scupper the transfer so they won't mind playing him, if we can take things further today and get closer to final agreement we'll be doing our all to avoid this from happening.

An added consideration - the newspapers are all over this now, is he going to get clapped off if he plays or is he going to be abused for 60minutes because he's leaving?

None of that is factoring in De Bruyne's wishes though. Does he want to join City, or does he want to join Bayern? If Bayern were to match our offer, and Wolfsburg were to accept both (which would seem likely in that scenario) then the final decision lies with De Bruyne. Going to Bayern "out of respect" is all well and good, however De Bruyne could curtail this whole situation by expressing a desire to join City and not Bayern. Whilst Bayern are still in the picture, and De Bruyne is allowing their interest to continue, there's the possibility he decides it's Munich he wants to go to and not Manchester.

OK the culture in Germany may be to give respect to the team that mops up all of their best players but I have to wonder whether this habit will continue should he eventually decide that we are the better option for him and his future. Will he really transfer that loyalty from German matters to his new Club / fans ?

Imagine City v Bayern and him asking whether it is alright if he scores against them.

Hopefully it is all just a ruse to allow his agent to extract as much for his cut as possible but at least Raheem (and his agent) realised that if you want something you sometimes have to do things yourself to make it happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.