De Bruyne?

Of course they would.

But no club can plan for a player wanting to leave. Bale, Suarez and De Brunye all wanted/want to leave.

All have/will have got an enormous fee for the player.

Liverpool and Spurs quickly reinvested the money and made major mistakes and were weaker.

Wolfsburg may choose to bide their time and make the right signings when they are available.

Spurs, Liverpool and Wolfsburg all would have been stronger if they had kept their stars and improved the team. However, for a number of reasons it wasn't possible.

Aloffs has been planning for DeBruyne to leave, since at least January. It was just that he was hoping it would be to Bayern Munich & maybe next season.

Not really a good question because the reason we have tat policy is because we usually have a full squad. But we don't at the moment, and Lopes was on the u21 list anyway.

Wasn't he promoted to the senior squad at City Live?

It doesn't matter what he DID for them, it's about the future. If Wolfsburg believe they will lose KdB, their first plan of action is to decide on their strategy for his exit.
They can take the first offer they get, and blow the money of ill considered transfers (i.e. a rush job like Liverpool after Suarez), or they can drag it out for the maximum value, bank the money, and take their time on choosing new players, and if that fails, they keep their man anyway.
They appear to have chosen the latter (more sensible) strategy.

my problem with this whole thing is that it has become increasingly apparent that city have been the only team in the race, which to me means that you would assume it would be easier to hammer out a deal....wolfsburg is in the champions league this year and you would think they would like to use this money to strengthen for the campaign...someone on here said it earlier and I agree that 3 or 4 of their starting 11 is shit...other then KDB they dont have a player that would come in and start for any of the top clubs in europe...their tactic of dragging this out gets them an extra 2-4 million and regardless the potential to get shit on in the CL is still there

Inter have unlocked a deal for Perisic too. Wolfsburg are a strange club, leaving it late to get replacements.

Are you honestly telling me you've been watching Wolfburg's games with serious scrutiny, and then you're also telling us that half the team are dogshite? Then to sound even more ridiculous, you're suggesting he could have found 5 or 6 players to improve them (at an average price of 8m?) and managed it all in one window. Honestly, this isn't fantasy football.

It is his job! He should have 40 targets lined up never mind 5 & pick the best!

I don't want to discuss anything with you anymore btw, as your idea that it's not possible to watch Wolfsburg & learn about their team, means I'm talking to somebody who basically doesn't know anything.

Oh ffs.

It's EXACTLY what I've been saying in each post. My point is: I DON'T THINK IT'S A GOOD PLAN FOR WOLFSBURG. It weakens their team.

I think their fans will also see it like that, as would we, if it was a City player.

Please don't make me type this anymore.

1) The best plan for Wolfsburg is to keep him.
2) The next best plan is to secure the maximum value for him IF he leaves.
3) The next best plan is to spend the transfer money as wisely as possible, not as hurriedly as possible.

They are currently at point 2)

If you have your way, they'd have sold De Bruyne on day one and spent the cash on improving their 5 or 6 'dog shit' players. As though it was all that easy.

Nobody's arguing that it weakens them - of course it does, the argument is your assertion that Aloffs is a moron, and yet, he still has De Bruyne, and IF we are going to get him, we'll be paying top dollar. So therefore, he's doing his job, and doing it well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.