De Bruyne?

Hi ankitptrivedi.....I wouldnt worry about this mate....this was first reported a few days ago...Rumours were Txiki traveled to London over the weekend to continue talks with Wolfsburg and De Bruyne's agent while they were all in London...hopefully those face to face talks have pushed this deal over the line....fingers crossed!;)

Hi @TRUE BLUE NO1, ya they did say they weren't willing to sell him unless Kevin asks for a move. But I think this is just after the Arsenal match. With Txiki already there, that's a strong message.

Anything to worry about?

“Kevin is under contract until 2019, we’re not a selling club and we don’t need the money,” Allofs told Ian Abrahams after Wolfsburg's 1-0 loss to Arsenal in the Emirates Cup on Sunday.

“We’re in a project at Wolfsburg to compete one day with Bayern Munich and we are in need of these types of players.

“On the other hand we have to handle it seriously, we’ve have to respect the interest in the player, but the player also has to respect the interests of the club.

“But we don’t need the money and we haven’t received a single bid from anyone.

“Everybody loves Kevin in Wolfsburg and Germany – it’s not all about money.”

it's a tricky thing isn't it? I always thought it to be pretty unlikely when I first saw the rumours considering he still has 3 to 4 years on his contract and indeed Wolfsburg have no need to sell. Only when I came on this forum and saw the updates from Ric and Tolmie (who are apperently in the know) that I was beginning to pay attention, along with the news reporting by Kristof Terreur who is also a reliable source.

It's obvious that city is very interested, but what is Wolfsburg trying to get out of this? If anything you can't expect anything but those comments coming from wolfsburg when they are asked the same question. It's not like they can say: "Yes we are waiting for city to make the offer so that our best player can leave" So its either this or "no comment" which also sends out a bad signal for them.

I remember seeing KDB playing for Belgium in the World Cup last year and thinking that he looked a cracking player and would love him at City, I had not idea he was ex Chelski etc.. Really hope we sign him he is world class .
I'm fairly certain the reason they sold him was because courtois stole his girlfriend and that made things too awkward. That's funny AF is you ask me.

Building for the future is a worthwhile strategy

We were as good as promised by Chairman KAM that the squad was in dire need of overhaul and that several players who had served us well had now come to the end of their usefulness. So we have seen Milner and Lampard go, and it looks like Jovetic is going too. That leaves us with Sterling coming in, with Delph now out injured. With four players in COPA only just returning plus two others who have missed the build up due to illness, we are going to start the season in a perilous situation, a situation whereby a handful of promising kids are going to help us little. From the way I am reading the KDB and Pogba threads, I'm getting the distinct impression that we haven't actually made a bid for these players. What our chiefs need to realise is that we pay top whack for our season tickets, and to fanny around with two weeks left before the big KO is surely reminding supporters of the past three summer windows and the balls up that this brought us.

Flapper Alert....

Hi @TRUE BLUE NO1, ya they did say they weren't willing to sell him unless Kevin asks for a move. But I think this is just after the Arsenal match. With Txiki already there, that's a strong message.

Hi mate...just noticed they were new comments, thanks!;) I think its all part of the negotiations but would agree that we seem to be taking a while to make this official bid!;) After talks this weekend, I would hope we now make our move!;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.