De Bruyne?

From the Telegraph

Manchester City prepare £40m Kevin De Bruyne opening bid

It is expected that City will have to break their transfer record to land De Bruyne, who Wolfsburg have valued at £57m

By Matt Law

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst I agree with you about the two man midfield, the rest is nonsense which constantly gets spouted. If you take Yaya out, we wouldn't play with 10 or wouldn't have Fernando etc as the long term replacement. We miss him if he misses a game, just as we miss Silva or Aguero, but if he hadn't joined or if he was to leave, we'd find a quality central midfielder to replace him, just as we'd replace Aguero. Pogba is obviously seen as an option, but there will be others.

To claim that we only won stuff because he was playing is a disservice to the rest of the squad. You could just as easily claim we'd have won more if he'd been replaced by a quality player who gave us 90 minutes each week, rather than a few moments of brilliance few others could do. Both are hypothetical arguments which no one can prove.

He has been a crucial part of our success though. He has scored important goals, one being in the FA Cup final, 2 against Newcastle in the 2nd to last game of season, 1 in the Carling Cup against Sunderland and not to forget all the other important goals in Pellegrinis first season in charge. He may lack the work ethic of a Milner or a Zabaleta, but the quality he possesses should never be underestimated by our fans. He is one of the best players to ever represent this football club and will go down as one of the greats. Whether you say we might have been just as good with someone else in midfield, we can't exactly prove that, but all I know is that his goals played a massive part in us winning the trophies we did. When Yaya is at full flow, there are very few midfielders in the world I would take over him. Just imagine our midfield without him right now, it's not worth thinking about.

From the Telegraph

Manchester City prepare £40m Kevin De Bruyne opening bid

It is expected that City will have to break their transfer record to land De Bruyne, who Wolfsburg have valued at £57m

By Matt Law

Sounds like De Bruyne wants out to me, but without trying to make a massive fuss about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, the old preparing a bid bollox. How the fuck do they know we're ' preparing' a bid, and how do you prepare a bid anyway?. Fee probably agreed already I think, and no way will we pay 57m.

Ah, the old preparing a bid bollox. How the fuck do they know we're ' preparing' a bid, and how do you prepare a bid anyway?. Fee probably agreed already I think, and no way will we pay 57m.
Money doesn't grow in neat stacks within a suitcase for Txiki to slam down on the table to be fair.

Before you make a bid you obviously need to put all the money in posh suitcases, arrange security and organize a secret meeting place for the exchange, usually a bridge at night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.