De Bruyne?

De Bruyne or 1m? = De Bruyne
De Brune or 25m? = De Bruyne
De Brune or 50m? = ?????

It's about the tipping point isn't it?
They will only let him go as he has made it clear he wishes to go.

They would not be put off playing him, and risking an injury in a game and therefore risking the transfer. They'd love nothing more than to get another season out of him.

I don't think anybody is arguing on the 45m. If Wolfsburg value him at more, they won't sell for that price. That doesn't mean they won't sell at all 'because they don't need the money'.
Ffs. That wasn't my point.

A poster originally said they deal is nowhere near as they wouldn't risk him getting an injury.

I'm saying of course they would, they don't need 45-50m and would rather keep him. The reason they are amenable to selling him is that City have done a superb job of turning the lads head since January and he's made it clear to Wolfsburg that he'd like another bash at the Prem.

They will only let him go as he has made it clear he wishes to go.

They would not be put off playing him, and risking an injury in a game and therefore risking the transfer. They'd love nothing more than to get another season out of him.

That's true for most clubs and their best player.
Liverpool would have loved to have kept Suarez.
Tottenham would have loved to have kept Bale.

But at the end of the day, every player does have a price. Wolfsburg have a price on his head, no matter how loved he is.

That's true for most clubs and their best player.
Liverpool would have loved to have kept Suarez.
Tottenham would have loved to have kept Bale.

But at the end of the day, every player does have a price. Wolfsburg have a price on his head, no matter how loved he is.
I've not argued against any of that.

I argued against the fact they wouldn't play him in today's match in case it stopped the transfer.

For example when we sold SWP we may have gone out of business without that money, we needed the cash once it was on offer. We wouldn't have risked SWP in a game under any circumstances.

If we were close to selling Kun for 80m, we accept the money, but we would play him until the deal was signed as if he got a knock and postponed the transfer for 12 months, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I think if we offered £50m but De Bruyne said he wanted to stay, they'd gladly turn it down. However it seems pretty clear De Bruyne has had his head turned so £50m for a player wanting to leave would represent a great deal for Wolfsburg.

Ffs. That wasn't my point.

A poster originally said they deal is nowhere near as they wouldn't risk him getting an injury.

I'm saying of course they would, they don't need 45-50m and would rather keep him. The reason they are amenable to selling him is that City have done a superb job of turning the lads head since January and he's made it clear to Wolfsburg that he'd like another bash at the Prem.

I agree entirely on THAT point.
I don't agree with assertion that 'every club needs money' is bollocks. All clubs need money. Some clubs (like ours) don't have any pressing need for more money though (but we'd still sell for the right price).

I've seen many transfer sagas longer than this one however, I've never ever seen one that has been imminent for so long. That's the frustrating bit. If it had moved to 95% done from 10% three months ago that would be sort of what you would expect but it's been 95% for weeks. It's like watching a software program download and then getting stuck right at the end....part of you wants to turn the computer off but you can't because it's nearly there!

Just bloody download err I mean sign!

Ric can't you say it's 96% done just for me ;-)

Last edited:
I think if we offered £50m but De Bruyne said he wanted to stay, they'd gladly turn it down. However it seems pretty clear De Bruyne has had his head turned so £50m for a player wanting to leave would represent a great deal for Wolfsburg.
Well, that's the art of negotiation isn't it?
We don't know Wolfsburg's tipping point - but if De Bruyne starts to feel unsettled or expresses a desire to leave, that will lower the tipping point in our favour. But even if he wanted to stay, there would be a tipping point, just likely a lot more than 50m.

I've seem many transfer sagas longer than this one however, I've never ever seen one that has been imminent for so long. That's the frustrating bit. If it had moved to 95% done from 10% three months ago that would be sort of what you would expect but it's been 95% for weeks. It's like watching a software program download and then getting stuck right at the end....part of you wants to turn the computer off but you can't because it's nearly there!

Just bloody download err I mean sign!
Yup you've nailed it there. It's been an almost certainty for months now and yet it's as if it's just refusing to get done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.