De Bruyne?

one thing all this confusion has done is taught us to get a move on. not just on this transfer but in general, we seem to drag deals out for far too long. this , and others, could have been done weeks ago and have the squad ready for day one if not pre season. whether we buy him or not, or whoever, we need to close this window and get on with the season. we have made a brilliant start and need to focus on that.
what is it you suspect we're actually doing wrong though? Do you think we're willfully dragging this out?

If PSG came in and tried to buy aguero off us, do you think that would be wrapped up in a week? When a club tries to buy another club's best player, and that club doesn't need the money, they dont just hand them over. I don't think there's really any amount of money that would make it worth our while to let him to go, as he's so integral to our success. Wolfsburg probably feel the same and if we get this over the line at any point before the window closes then we'll have done well.

I keep seeing a lot of people saying things like "just offer 50m and tell them we're walking away in 24hrs." As though Wolfsburg should be somehow grateful. I expect there's nothing they'd love more than for us to walk away from the deal!

Players good enough to improve a squad as good as ours are few and far between. Their clubs will rarely want to let them go and often there'll be more attractive clubs than ours in the mix. Most of our future acquisitions are going to keep dragging out like this.

what is it you suspect we're actually doing wrong though? Do you think we're willfully dragging this out?

If PSG came in and tried to buy aguero off us, do you think that would be wrapped up in a week? When a club tries to buy another club's best player, and that club doesn't need the money, they dont just hand them over. I don't think there's really any amount of money that would make it worth our while to let him to go, as he's so integral to our success. Wolfsburg probably feel the same and if we get this over the line at any point before the window closes then we'll have done well.

I keep seeing a lot of people saying things like "just offer 50m and tell them we're walking away in 24hrs." As though Wolfsburg should be somehow grateful. I expect there's nothing they'd love more than for us to walk away from the deal!

Players good enough to improve a squad as good as ours are few and far between. Their clubs will rarely want to let them go and often there'll be more attractive clubs than ours in the mix. Most of our future acquisitions are going to keep dragging out like this.

Great post Geoff.

one thing all this confusion has done is taught us to get a move on. not just on this transfer but in general, we seem to drag deals out for far too long. this , and others, could have been done weeks ago and have the squad ready for day one if not pre season. whether we buy him or not, or whoever, we need to close this window and get on with the season. we have made a brilliant start and need to focus on that.

Good point. You should apply for a job at the club to advise Khaldoon & Tiki - after all, what do they know?

oh we we go, a clever one.
as others have said we are going for the best player at each club, I know that, so does the player and so does tixki. so why fuck about over the fee? we and they both know we are going to pay it so just cough up and get the player in. then we can move on with our season. we don't want last day interference. we are Manchester City we shouldn't be fucking about over 5 mil.

now get back in your box.

There's an important point to make here and hopefully people are starting to see why I rave about Txiki.

Every deal we are doing is attempting to buy the best player and talisman of a team that do not want to sell. Allofs was correct and we are not Barca who players will push through the move to and clubs are resigned to losing players to. Clubs like Wolfsburg and Liverpool resent us cherry picking their best talent as they don't feel we deserve it.

The deals we have been chasing this season are extremely ambitious and extremely hard. They are with clubs happy to run us through the press and play silly bugger's. But despite the difficulty we are still actually landing players of real quality

It's a testament to the skill of Txiki that we aren't petulantly walking away or moving on to easier targets as a panicked response.

At the end of this window we probably would have signed Sterling, KDB, Delph and Otamendi whilst moving on dross. That is potentially the best transfer window we have had since the takeover, and we would have achieved this because Txiki kept his head when seemingly everybody else lost theirs
Sorry but I don't see the logic there, what's this skill of his you're referring to?

I'll judge him on who we land, and right now just one of our main targets has arrived. Along with an average-to-good player from a poor team.

Game of thrones fans might understand this ..

Debruyne is John snow
City is his uncle benjin
Annoncer is that kid who used uncle benjin name to lure him out ,so everyone could stab him to death

Good shout bud..

We are after players clubs don't want to let go...
oh we we go, a clever one.
as others have said we are going for the best player at each club, I know that, so does the player and so does tixki. so why fuck about over the fee? we and they both know we are going to pay it so just cough up and get the player in. then we can move on with our season. we don't want last day interference. we are Manchester City we shouldn't be fucking about over 5 mil.

now get back in your box.
Have you let Ric out his yet Bill ;)

That is potentially the best transfer window we have had since the takeover, and we would have achieved this because Txiki kept his head when seemingly everybody else lost theirs

It's a good post and it will be a great transfer window if we sign KDB and Otamendi. But better than the transfer window in 2010 when we signed Silva, Toure, Milner, Kolarov, Balotelli, Boateng when we really were a nobody team with no champions league and no league titles? We had few superstar to entice players either, certainly nothing like todays superstar squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.