De Bruyne?

KdB got the most assists in Europe last season, despite Bundlesliga playing four less matches. How is that not elite?

Otamendi was the best defender in La Liga last season. There are plenty of highlights you can find of him managing to cover both Messi and Ronaldo. How is that not elite?

Sterling...well his price went up because he's English. He's still a hot prospect due to his age and what he brings to the squad though.

Damn, never seen so much complaining about signing top players!
Everyone of his posts takes a similar view.

Read into what you wish.

De Bruyne was good in the games we played away ( Serbia, USA, etc..) when he had space. He only played well against USA at the WK where there was a lot of space. He also likes to run a lot. Carried us through is back is very exaggerated. He scored important goals, yes but his impact on the game were not significant. From what I have seen in Wolfsburg, half of his assist came from free kicks or corners and most of his goal came after counter attacks. Time will tell and again I hope he proves me wrong because I like him.
I think you mistake the fact that he is particularily dangerous when he is given space (which is a sign of any world class player imo) for him NEEDING space to be good. If his impact on the games was not significant then whose was? It definitely wasn't Hazard. He wasn't the one helping us against defending teams either. Granted De Bruyne never had the chance to play for a top team that plays against defensive teams all the time so it will be interesting to see.

But if Manchester City go into Europe and play against Barca, Real Madrid or Bayern, don't you think having De Bruyne would be a huge improvement to play on the counter? Wouldn't it make them way more dangerous if they have a guy with his vision and directness in these situations?

Yes and 4 of hazards goals for chelsea last season were penalties. Who cares? A goal is a goal and an assist is an assist.

SSN fresh developments:

'Colleagues in Sky Germany say deal is close at £50.4 m KDB trains with Wolfsburg and travelled to Cologne but is expected to sign for City on Monday.
The biggest transfer of the summer.'

When does the game between wolfsburg and Cologna starts tomorrow? i want to watch when KDB turns his knee 180 degrees. (our luck)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.