De Jong, it pains me

Sigh said:
FantasyIreland said:
Techno said:
I noticed Vinnie giving him a bit of grief at one point on Saturday, didn't notice why, but he's a braver man than me ;)

For not playing the ball forward,when the EASY opportunity was there to do so,i believe was the reason.

This^^^^

I tut-tutted myself, that was the bad Nige coming out.

WRONG. Vinny said in his interview its because Nige took the ball off him but they I saw vinny put his arm round Nige so its all good

I think he is a great player to have when we are playing away. At home id prefer barry/yaya etc than the defensive machine that is de jong.

Glad to see that vinnies started bollocking him for getting under his feet all the time. Must be very frustrating to have someone constantly trying to do your job (which you can do much better than him), whilst shirking his own responsibilities. I thought nige did ok on the whole on sat though. Played a nice through ball at one point, but he still has a hell of a lot to prove for me

The Fat el Hombre said:
Glad to see that vinnies started bollocking him for getting under his feet all the time. Must be very frustrating to have someone constantly trying to do your job (which you can do much better than him), whilst shirking his own responsibilities. I thought nige did ok on the whole on sat though. Played a nice through ball at one point, but he still has a hell of a lot to prove for me
Only reason dejong was under vinny's feet is because vinny had nothing to do so he was moving more forward into dejong's space. Vinny not above making the odd shit pass or stupid decision himself this season.

lastmanback said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Only reason dejong was under vinny's feet is because vinny had nothing to do so he was moving more forward into dejong's space. Vinny not above making the odd shit pass or stupid decision himself this season.

Some people do think the sun shines out of vinnies arse sometimes!

lastmanback said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

So? That's football. You can't expect players to play the perfect game and the perfect pass every time. What you should expect is players to at least try and do their own job and not go hiding between our centre halves trying to do their jobs that they can do just fine

Barry has played the majority of the season and was desperately in need of a rest because he's looked exhausted in the last 2 months and his form has dipped accordingly. The alarming thing though was that when NDJ came in after Yaya went to ACN, he didn't seem up to the job and was either being substituted or coming on as a sub.

In the last 2-3 weeks, Nige seems to have rediscovered the form he was showing in the latter stages of last season where instead of constantly passing backwards or sideways, he was passing the ball forward where appropriate and contributing to our attacking play.

We shouldn't be trying to create chasms where there needn't be any by dividing ourselves into the Barry or NDJ camp. What we should realise is that we are very lucky to have two very accomplished international football players who are equally valued members of our squad.

The Kompany/De Jong thing was obvious. The ball was between the two, De Jong was running backwards and Kompany moving forwards so it would have been better for Kompany to take it but NDJ beat him to it so the ball went back with him before we could start the attack. It was only a small thing and not a major issue or mistake but it shows the standards Kompany aspires to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.