de jong on ssn

Bazzmand Show said:
There is no doubt in my mind that NDJ will be an absolutely qaulity player for us. Changing leagues mid season is always hard and I thought he adapted reasonably well last season considering the circumstances. Expect big things from the monster this year.

Especially after 2-3 months out injured

cibaman said:
Bazzmand Show said:
There is no doubt in my mind that NDJ will be an absolutely qaulity player for us. Changing leagues mid season is always hard and I thought he adapted reasonably well last season considering the circumstances. Expect big things from the monster this year.

Especially after 2-3 months out injured
Yes I really don't get the people getting on his back he does the ugly things in the game and is exactly the sort of player we haven't had for years wins the ball back and plays it simple for the "flair players"

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,15855_5446624,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0, ... 24,00.html</a>

BlueMoon93 said:
fatbloke said:
I don't understand how anyone can't rate De Jong, you have to watch him off the ball. His game is about regaining possession and giving it back to our flair players. The protection he gave the two centre halfs was invaluable in some games last season. It's not just about the balls he actually cuts out, it's about cutting off the options and making the opposition work different angles for passes. Most Premiership defenders are shocking dealing with pace and people running directly at them, De Jong's job is to stop strikers getting the ball into feet, turning and running at defenders.

You're right mate, in fairness though he plays that position in front of the back 4 that goes unnoticed. That is a very important role and you notice the importance of it when you are actually at the game live. You appreciate the likes of VK and NDJ when you see them live. It was like Hamann at his peak was a very important player, he was the linch pin in Istanbul when Liverpool won the Champions League.

Great comments. You have to look much deeper into a game of football to appreciate the contribution that a player like Nigel makes.

This guy is top class, you don't play in midfield for Holland if you're useless! In time he will become our Makelele, and in games last year such as Newcastle and Villa (both at home) it was easy to see the difference between De Jong when he was on the pitch and Gelson when he came on as a sub. He gives us invaluable protection and solidity and is a hugely important player for us.

Ticket For Schalke said:
NDJ said......

that a top 5 finish would be a good season, and its to early to be expecting anymore, he can understand peoples expectations but title is to soon. also said they every other team we face this season will be trying that extra bit harder to beat us, due to the wealth and summer signing's

He must have said more than that.

What ELSE did he say?

Lancashire Blue said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
NDJ said......

that a top 5 finish would be a good season, and its to early to be expecting anymore, he can understand peoples expectations but title is to soon. also said they every other team we face this season will be trying that extra bit harder to beat us, due to the wealth and summer signing's

He must have said more than that.

What ELSE did he say?
Yeah,we need to know, what the fuck did elssie say !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.