De Jong Or Barry

I think De Jong and Ireland in a 4-4-2 formation work better.

But in 4-3-3 De Jong and Barry with Ireland in front works just aswell...

De Jong by an absolute country mile.Not playing him against Burnley cost us because we had nobody to hold their position or win the ball back,and they were able to walk through us.He doesn't pass forward,well that is actually a myth but even if he always passed sideways so what we have enough creative players.Big Nige is a must in every game ask Holland.

DTKOAG said:
We only need one holding player especially against Hull.
However, in the past Hughes has dropped De Jong in favour of Barry.
Who do you think should start tomorrow Nigel or Gareth ?
For me it has to be Nigel.

Like the one holding player against Burnley?

Barry will most likely be rested tomorrow.

Every game we should line up like this if everyones fit.

--------De Jong/Kompany----
-----Ireland-----------Barry----
Tevez/Swp-------------Robbie/Bellers
-------------Adebayor---------------

Shooter 83 said:
DTKOAG said:
We only need one holding player especially against Hull.
However, in the past Hughes has dropped De Jong in favour of Barry.
Who do you think should start tomorrow Nigel or Gareth ?
For me it has to be Nigel.

I agree we should play like that most the time but sometimes I think we should play 442.The difference against Burnley was the one holding player was not De jong.I'm yet to see Barry play the holding in a City shirt.It's like that goal he gave away against Burnley was because he tried charging up the pitch,and when he's playing with just Stevie he should just sit like he does for England.

Craig said:
Shooter 83 said:

I agree we should play like that most the time but sometimes I think we should play 442.The difference against Burnley was the one holding player was not De jong.I'm yet to see Barry play the holding in a City shirt.It's like that goal he gave away against Burnley was because he tried charging up the pitch,and when he's playing with just Stevie he should just sit like he does for England.

Looks good to me (apart from no Petrov listed) - assuming because of injury

Wouldn't it be great to have Johnson fully fit fighting for a spot in the middle!

hope Adebayor is interested tomorrow

Craig said:
Shooter 83 said:

Crazy, did you not watch City v Fulham,Wigan,Villa,Burnley and Birmingham? 442 equals draws and a borefest. We have the players for the formation above and we play excellent stuff using 433-451. Hopefully with Robinho back we'll be keeping it.

We beat Hull 5-1 and smashed most other teams last season at home playing the formation above aswell, so I dont want to hear we need to play 442 against the weaker side's.

Yeah because playing Barry and De Jong together and having no Stevie in the team is boring and negative.On the otherhand how boring were we against a Liverpool side that were there for the taking?You could say being positive and switching to 442 got us playing how we can.Off out now anyway so catch you later Shooter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.