De Jong - The Kingmaker

Fried Onions said:
That was De Jong at his best, terrier like, keeping it simple and running his bollocks off.

Made me laugh with crowd shouting 'SHOOOOOOT' when he got the ball near th'edge of the box in the first half. I'm sure we all meant 'don't fuckin shoot !'

Well done Nigel, keep it going.

He was good - but not as immense as Johnmc would have been.

GaudinoMotors said:

Indeed

He played well. I wouldnt say amazing or immense as there were several better players on the pitch.

My point is, when you look back on the match, Milner makes several telling challenges in our penalty area. And sets up a goal and has an impact in their half. Yaya, last night had more of an effect in their half but we know he can drop back and do both sides. Barry the same and scored. De jong just defends.

We have a squad and we need to rotate to keep them all happy and obviously for injuries. One of the rotations I would make on a regular basis is dropping De Jong to the bench against those team we expect in the bottom half who will come for a draw with 10 behind the ball and play Silva. Top ten teams and near enough all away games play De Jong

I'm surprised Barry hasn't a thread of his own, he had one of his best games since he joined the club last night.

I thought his all round contribution was better than De Jong's last night, although saying that Nige had a great game too.

The most impressive thing to come from last night though was the desire from front to back, if we can maintain that all season we'll stroll into the top four.

*singingtheblues* said:
I'm surprised Barry hasn't a thread of his own, he had one of his best games since he joined the club last night.

I thought his all round contribution was better than De Jong's last night, although saying that Nige had a great game too.

The most impressive thing to come from last night though was the desire from front to back, if we can maintain that all season we'll stroll into the top four.

If he was called De Barry he would of got his own thread

GaudinoMotors said:
After last weeks ridiculous "I don't want De Jong in the team" thread - can we now have some appreciation of what he brings to the team.
Last night he played the dual role of a Defensive/Attacking midfielder. Supporting in attack and back to cover their threat.
The scapegoat myth of "he always plays it sideways was well an truly put to bed" some great forward balls to feet and for wingers to run onto.
The tackiling and snuffing out of their build up play and attacks immense as usual.
i missed that thread which idiot started that then?

johnmc said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Indeed

He played well. I wouldnt say amazing or immense as there were several better players on the pitch.

My point is, when you look back on the match, Milner makes several telling challenges in our penalty area. And sets up a goal and has an impact in their half. Yaya, last night had more of an effect in their half but we know he can drop back and do both sides. Barry the same and scored. De jong just defends.

We have a squad and we need to rotate to keep them all happy and obviously for injuries. One of the rotations I would make on a regular basis is dropping De Jong to the bench against those team we expect in the bottom half who will come for a draw with 10 behind the ball and play Silva. Top ten teams and near enough all away games play De Jong

Fair points - but i'd rather free up players like Yaya, Silva and to some extent Barry - to do what they are better out creating and playing in the attack - That is what De Jong brings.
I think what you suggest will happen from time to time due to rotation and I think it is too early for me to say losing De Jong will be detrimental. All I can comment on are the qualities and improvements he has brought since his arrival.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.