De Jong the mercenary ?

Re: De Jong the mercenary.

monkey-trousers said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
After experiencing the title success and Fa cup win, I don't understand why a player would want to leave the club. Even if he accepted £70k a week over 4 years that is £14m.

I think he will be missed by the players though as he seems to be a good teammate to have around

He could possibly get that sort of contract elsewhere though, plus the signing on fee.

I would love to see him stay. He could play a crucial role for us in Champions league this season. Can't think of a better player to come off the bench to shut up shop in a tight European game.

In 20 years time, when we are talking about the famous City team that finally won trophies after such a barren spell, Nigel de Jongs name will be rolling off the tongue with the likes of Yaya, Silva, Kompany, etc.

Spot on fella De Jong has been great for City, it's not as if the clubs he has been linked with Inter, Milan or Bayern are poor sides!

Hope he stays

The OP should be shot.

What a shocking thread.

Never doubt De Jong's commitment to the City cause.

If he feels the offer isn't acceptable, he has every right to not sign the contract.

But while he's still a City player he 'will' give 101% for the blue shirt. That is for sure.

jrb said:
The OP should be shot.

If he feels the offer isn't acceptable, he has every right to not sign the contract.

If he feels being payed over a hundred grand a week (as reported) to kick a football around isn't acceptable then he can fuck off. I'm a huge fan of Nigel, one of my favourite players but if he is holding out for a stupidly big contract or trying to gain a huge signing on fee then I will be very dissapointed.

jrb said:
The OP should be shot.

What a shocking thread.

But while he's still a City player he 'will' give 101% for the blue shirt. That is for sure.

Bit harsh that fella. Agree to disagree but dont send me to the firing squad.

If he feels 100k a week isnt acceptable then fair enough, but it is worth discussion.

If, towards the end of the coming season there is a crucial 50 - 50 challenge to win a crucial game for us and DJ has in his mind his free transfer and huge signing on fee do you think he will pull out of the challenge.

IMO DJ game was all about crunching tackles and bossing the midfield. He hasnt done that since the B Arfa incident. It may be subconcious or a concious decision to change his game but imo without that he has little to offer.

80s Shorts said:
ge.

IMO DJ game was all about crunching tackles and bossing the midfield. He hasnt done that since the B Arfa incident. It may be subconcious or a concious decision to change his game but imo without that he has little to offer.

You're wrong about that. I remember his first game back after a long injury lay off whilst eyes were on him he still went flying in. Firm but fair like.

80s Shorts said:
jrb said:
The OP should be shot.

What a shocking thread.

If he feels 100k a week isnt acceptable then fair enough, but it is worth discussion.

If, towards the end of the coming season there is a crucial 50 - 50 challenge to win a crucial game for us and DJ has in his mind his free transfer and huge signing on fee do you think he will pull out of the challenge.

So De Jong has been poor since October 2010? Do me a favour lad

shocking thread; use the term mercenary for someone like Ade but not Nige FFS - he has always given everything, and will continue to do so; he is also a fucking good club man and apparently extremely well liked by his team mates, show some fucking respect

kippax casual said:
80s Shorts said:
jrb said:
The OP should be shot.

What a shocking thread.

So De Jong has been poor since October 2010? Do me a favour lad

Didnt say he had been poor, I said his game had changed somewhat.

No need for the "lad" shit.

80s Shorts said:
jrb said:
The OP should be shot.

What a shocking thread.

Yeah it was harsh, but you're talking absolute shite.

80s Shorts said:
jrb said:
The OP should be shot.

What a shocking thread.

I'm only firing blank bullets that man. :-)

Unfortunately that's the nature of the beast. Players like De Jong can hold out for what they think they're worth.

When De Jong was first offered the new contract he was at the top of his game. He turned it down. Since then he's been injured and hasn't been as influential as he was. However, he was, and still is a very important part of the title winning team. Look back at the title runin.

You aslo have to remember he is on the last year of his contract. If City don't sell him he leaves for nothing. As it stand it doesn't look like City want to sell him, even though he could go for nothing at the end of next season. Why?

Hopefully he will sign another contract. If he doesn't so be it. But like I've stated, he will still and always give 101% for the shirt and the fans.

PS. Come on Nige you greedy b*****! Sign that 100K contract.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:31 pm --<br /><br />
Chungo said:
jrb said:
The OP should be shot.

If he feels being payed over a hundred grand a week (as reported) to kick a football around isn't acceptable then he can fuck off. I'm a huge fan of Nigel, one of my favourite players but if he is holding out for a stupidly big contract or trying to gain a huge signing on fee then I will be very dissapointed.

See above that man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.